3. Viking Bragi
I have been on many cruises but never have I experienced a staff that could care less about you! I had expected a higher level of service given the price. Nope. I expected the land tours to be good. Only a few of them were as they only used local volunteers. The food was mediocre. I would compare it to a Denny's on most nights. Here are examples: I injured my food getting off of one of their buses. No one bother to tell any of us that 2 people in the prior bus has tripped over the same small rolled curb (in all honestly blended in). I was brought on board and told I could go to the hospital the next day at the next city. I am young, so it wasn't a problem for me. The head of housekeeping accompanied us on the drive to the hospital (complaining the entire time about the stupid questions people ask and he was glad to be off of the ship away from the customers). He ditched us as soon as we checked in to the ER. Wasn't a minor injury - tore many ligaments in the ankle and I have to see a specialist because it still swells on occasion. (Sucks when you try and run 3-4 miles a day.) While on board, you could hear staff yelling at other staff members. The meals are at specific times only. Do not arrive late or you will not be feed. There are no h'oeuvres out at any time. Not even cheese and crackers. It is free sitting, but they will NOT take your order until the entire table is sat (you could wait 15 - 20 minutes). Do not ever expect to get your iced tea refilled. Now the wine and beer - they do keep that flowing! You have VERY little time on land. The river is like an LA freeway. You have to get usually after 3 hours in town because of the wait time for the locks. This was explained to us by the staff. I get it - but you need to tell people beforehand. As I said, the tours were very hit and miss. Some guides were great - some were awful. I spend most of my time in a beautiful city with a tour guide that spent most of the time talking about a US movie that was filmed there. Seriously - let's go here to see this where this was filmed, then let's go there to see where such and such scene was filmed. Remember these are free guides provided to the cruise line by the historical society. They can say and do whatever they want. Some are experienced, some have to do it for a college course. Oh, one more thing. We were told (by calling the Viking - who we booked the cruise through) that there was a gym. No gym and definitely no walking or running on the walking path. It is right above cabins and there is no soundproofing! Our friends said they could hear every footstep. On the great side - we met amazing people. We are still in contact with several couples and do see them.

This is for ALL Viking River Cruises

Viking Bragi Cruise Review by caameche1

• Sail Date: May 2016
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

I had expected a higher level of service given the price. Nope.

The food was mediocre. I would compare it to a Denny's on most nights.

Here are examples:

While on board, you could hear staff yelling at other staff members.

caameche1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Bragi price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin F 208
The cabin was okay sized and the bed was comfortable.
Main Deck Outside Cabins