Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review
2,315 Reviews

A vacation is only as good as you want it to be...

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by STRIPEYBABY

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior Stateroom

This was a family easter cruise. We usually never celebrated easter with a vacation, but this time around we wanted to do something different. The itinerary was the definite attraction, but having cruised before I was overall satisfied with the status of the Navigator of the Seas. Embarking the ship was no real drama, and everyone was quite anxious to get onboard. The weather leaving out of Miami wasn't great, but it wasn't raining either, so things started out rather smoothly.

The debarkation process is another story altogether. It seemed chaotic, with no real leadership evident anywhere. There are not enough customs agents to process people quicker. Some how they should begin to implement the process they have in the airport, where its automated. Simply put, the pier agents need to get it together.

There really isn't much that I can say about the cabin, other than it was an interior stateroom, kept nice and clean. The attendant Rouston was outstanding. Very helpful, concerned, committed, a great asset for Royal. (I hope you guys value your assets)

The main dining room staff were also outstanding. Radmir and Tais. We had a large table, and ate together every night. We were always the last ones to leave. The dining experience was the best. We had such a great time! Radmir and Tais added to an already stellar group of people, who will be considered by this reviewer, as great friends.

The ports of call were great. I won't get into detail about them, they are beautiful places need to be seen. I must say however, that Bonaire has some of the most amazing waters I have ever laid eyes on. I now understand why it's a diver's paradise.

Someone needs to check the pricing scale on some of the shore excursions. There is no way transportation prices should be jacked up over 300%. We did not pay nearly as much for a taxi as some people for the same kind of excursion. Ridiculous.

Some of the Spa attendants were not very helpful. I would believe that protocol would have them be more engaging. Completely ignoring your customers is not an enticing way for upselling. I also don't believe being charged $1.75 per minute for a 30 minute shave makes any sense. While not all crew members were outstanding, they did try their best to provide great service.

The condition of the ship overall was satisfactory in terms of food, beverages, etc. The prices of some of the drinks were a bit farfetched, but it is a vacation afterall.

Our overall experience is a positive one, but only because we surrounded ourselves with positive people, and had a great time. Otherwise I believe that Royal should contemplate increasing the salary of an exhausted crew, that clearly deserve to be valued more by their employers. I'd like to see the CEO work those types of shifts, and keep a smile on his face for 8 or 9 months with a few hours of breaks every day nonstop. Let's see if he's still as radiant after the 9 months is up. Pay your crew, so that we can have a better experience as loyal, paying customers.

STRIPEYBABY's Full Rating Summary