CYBER MONDAY DEALS! Get discounts on top-rated cruises. View Deals

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Apr 2017
Cabin: Mid-Ship Balcony

To be honest, we chose NCL due to Celebrity canceling our other cruise on very short notice. Overall our experience on NCL was very good. Our balcony room was comfortable and clean, and service by our waiter "Rakish" was exceptional in the Venetian Room, which is were we took most of our meals in the evening and a couple of breakfasts. The buffets had a very good selection of food, clean, and the lines were never very long to get cook to order food such as burgers, eggs, omelets...etc. They even had Paella one evening that we regretted missing.

We did try the Bamboo Room for dinner one evening and I seriously regretted that decision. First they couldn't find our waiter so we ended up waiting for over an hour to get served and our order in. Then, two of us in a party of 11 ordered the Lemmon Pepper Shrimp, she ate one piece and later on had an upset stomach, I on the other hand took the remainder of her shrimp and ate both meals. Oh my god, was that a bad decision. I laid down shortly afterward, and proceeded to regurgitate the evening meal for the next 6 hours. I came very close to going to see the doctor it got so bad, but once I got it all out of my system I was ok, and thank god there were no "secondary" effects if you know what I mean.

Other than that we had a good experience on NCL. Overall the "Dawn" is clean, well maintained, and didn't seem as crowded with other cruises we've taken during the spring break timeframe.

Mid-Ship Balcony

Cabin BA

Verillio did a fantastic job of taking care of my wife and I. Room was always clean, ready for our use, and if we needed anything extra, Verillio was eager to help us.

1 Helpful Vote