3. Marella Discovery
The cruise itinerary we chose was paradise island which consisted of British Virgin Island (Tortola) St Maarten , St Kitts , Antigua and Bequia (the grenadines) and Barbados however we just embarked and disembarked here . All calls of port were very nice and what was expected , however Bequia was horrid , there was nothing to do there as soon as we got off the tender boat we looked round and got back on straight away I couldn't believe that we had actually docked there! Also most places you were hounded and disturb by men yelling "Taxi, Taxi!!" It at some points made you feel very vulnerable. Also do not pay for excursions through Thomson as you can get the same experiences for less than half the price when you get off the boat. Our room numbers were 3076 and 3074 which were interconnecting rooms , and I must say the rooms were bigger than we had all expected, plenty of storage space and the bathrooms weren't too small also the windows were massive and you could see plenty through them. Also Maria our house keeper was a lovely lady and would do anything to help. The food was outstanding especially in Gallery and 47° ,the service was excellent and I couldn't recommend it more , however we were continuously eating between those two restaurants every night so I think the a la carte restaurants should have been free or at a cheaper price as there wasn't many places to eat. Also I would recommend the drinks package for £10 a day however you could probably get away with one person in your group just ordering all the drinks as they only scan one card anyway. The entertainment was incredible , in the day they have plenty of things to do from quizzes and musical masterminds where you can win real presents and loads of music and live performances going on. Also there were quite a few activities to do mini golf , climbing wall and they had a enormous amount of classes or gatherings for everyone to do in one day. Although I was not a single passenger I do believe they did try to include single passengers and help them interact with each other as they could meet up daily however hopefully in the future Thomson will offer more for single passengers. Also the shows were out of this world , some of the shows were a bit random however it meant there was at least one shows that everyone would like , the comedian Tank was hilarious I was crying with laughter and all the performers and dancers were amazing you could see how much hard work they put into there jobs. The only down sides were the expenses , the spa was ridiculous!! You could see why there was lack of customers at those prices. Also the wifi was very exspensive (£50 for 8 days) considering it ran out for two members of our party 4 days before we left which was simple impossible as we had not been over using the wifi however they did restart the wifi in both cases , although I do think it was a bit of a dodgey scam just to make more money on you. However I would definalitly recommend this cruise it was amazing and I would love to return.

Amazing Holiday!

Marella Discovery Cruise Review by Lauren0c0nnell

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean

Lauren0c0nnell’s Full Rating Summary
Get Marella Discovery price drops

Better than expected , would go in this room again.