3. Norwegian Star
We chose this cruise because of the ports, 29 ports plus 3 repeat ports. One port was changed but another was substituted, the captain was very generous to all the passengers who boarded in Auckland, New Zealand. Because of the ship's previous problems and the one port change they gave us a 25% cruise credit and $500.00 cash onboard credit. We were luckly that in the 57 days on board we did not have any rough seas or bad weather. The food on board was average but there were plently of options and the Versailes restaurant alway had plenty of choices and a exceptional breakfast. The specialty restaurants were also very well adorned and the food was excellent . The service at the front desk was excellent as were all the staff we interacted with. The tours were mixed but when in this part of the world you have to realize that some of the standards are different. That being said some of the tours were very excellent and highly recommended and I would do them over if I had the chance. All of the tour guides did their best, some exceeded expectations. The ship maybe older, but it is very functional. The shows were much better than some of the other cruises we have been on, and they varied the shows as much as possible. The cruise entertainment staff also did a excellent job. We travelled on the Star once before, but the ship had a refit so many of the areas were different so it was like a different ship to us. We feel that we got fair value for our money and we will be sailing with Norwegian again. We see other people complaining about trivial things instead of making the best of the trip. All the staff did their best to accommodate the passengers within their limits. The only major problem that I seen was that people did not have Visa's, but both my wife and myself went online and checked ourselves before we left and when you are going on such a trip part of the responsibility is for the traveller to check themselves. Even though our travel agent did his due diligence we still follow up ourselves. Our avdice to everyone is to do your homework also.

Fantastic Ports

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by TerryCoole

• Sail Date: February 2017
  • Destination: Trans-Ocean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

The cruise entertainment staff also did a excellent job.

TerryCoole’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Star price drops

Mid-Ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MA 11592
Our cabin was very spacious and located in the Mid Ship area so we had no problems with sea sickness. Everything In the cabin worked and the washroom was very well laid out the shower worked perfectly. The colour combination of the cabin was pleasing to the eye. The balcony was sufficient and very clean. The TV could have been larger but I know that it is and older vessel but it worked okay. Our room steward Christopher Rodriguez was exceptional and looked after all our needs and kept the room exceptionally clean.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins