3. Carnival Victory
I needed a solo getaway and this was the cheapest cruise I could find. As you can guess, my expectations were low. I was mostly pleasantly surprised. My cabin had recently been redone and the bed was comfy. I wasn't into the entertainment except the comedy club which I enjoyed. A fair degree of chair hogging and table hogging by other passengers, so it was hard to find a place to be on the upper decks. It was a spring break week for some schools, so kids constantly trying to be in the adult only areas. Otherwise people were nice, and I didn't encounter some of the rudeness I've run into on previous trips. There were lots of groups celebrating things, and a low key relaxed vibe. My major complaint was the food, and the service in the main dining room was terrible. Our waiter ignored our table, so it took forever to get anything. We were still eating our main course while neighboring tables were finishing up dessert. After the 2nd night, I never went back. Which left me with the buffet, which was mediocre at best. Thank goodness for the pizza station, or I would have gone hungry for some meals. Aside for the dining room issues, everyone else was really attentive and great. My photos turned our really well, and I bought some, which is rare for me. I never had to chase down bar staff for a drink like I've had to on other trips. I did not do the drink package, but I think I only had four drinks the whole cruise. I like iced tea and it was included, so I didn't need the soda package either. I do wish they had the drink stations in other parts of the ship, or larger glasses for the water and tea. I did a snorkeling excursion at Cozumel. It was great, although the travel time to the mainland ate up a lot of the day. Next time I would choose one on Cozumel. I stayed in Miami the night before the cruise. Due to a miscommunication my hotel shuttle didn't get there until about noon, even though I had signed up for the 11:00 time slot. Embarkation went fairly smoothly. Be prepared to deal with stupid people. Many passengers seem incapable of reading signs or following simple directions, and you will always be stuck right behind them. So take a deep breath and you will get on the boat sooner than you think. I took an excursion to the Everglades on the way to the airport. I recommend doing this if you can instead of sitting at the airport for hours. I got through customs super fast.

It is what it is, and nothing more or less.

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Ellileia

Ellileia’s Full Rating Summary

Interior
Cabin 4G 8302
This cabin was recently redone a few weeks ago. It was comfortable and clean. USB style outlets were nice. The hairdryer is a little weak and took forever to dry my hair. I could hear some noise from the Lido deck above, but not too bad.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Key West
    I walked to the Hemingway Museum and the Lighthouse. I did a guided tour at the Hemingway house, which was interesting. I enjoyed the cats. The light house across the street wasn't much of a museum, but had good views. It was rainy, so fewer people were there, which was nice. Closer to the port were the typical tourist shops. I stopped for some key lime pie at one of them. Again the rain seemed to keep the crowds down. There are some sculptures you can see, and they have some sidewalk poetry. There was a big drugstore, a CVS I think, so if you needed anything you could get it there.
    View All 1,451 Key West Cruise Port Reviews