• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Star Legend Review

Editor Rating
13 Awards

Relaxed Small Ship Birthday Cruise-Just what I had hoped for!

Review for Star Legend to the Caribbean
Robert_fromthe_South
10+ Cruises • Age 50s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin: Balcony Suite
In St Maarten, anything unusual?
Notice how Small!
Can you guess how Old I am?

I’m a bit late with my reviews, time got away from me…

My wife and I were on the Star Legend , Windstar Cruse from January 28 - February 4, 2017. I have been on numerous cruises, Norwegian, Carnival, Disney, Celebrity, etc. I wanted to do a cruise for my birthday and had originally planned to go on Celebrity. I very much like Celebrity, their food, wine ships etc. but there weren’t any itineraries that I had not been on many times before. Looking at 7-10 days, I eliminated the all-inclusive ships because they had longer trips. I was very interested in a smaller ship experience, did a bunch of research and settled on the Start Legend, 7-day cruise out of San Juan. I have always liked days at sea which was not an option but I was willing to trade that for atypical cruise ports, only one of which I had been to before (St. Maarten) I was one of the first to book this cruise 6-months in advance and got the (French) Veranda room C223 which I selected because I have been prone to seasickness and it was in the middle of the ship… more on that later but it wasn’t a problem for me.

We arrived in San Juan the day before and stayed in a hotel in the Old Town. We like San Juan and knew we would like visiting again and more importantly it lowers the travel stress for me tremendously knowing we have time to spare if there are travel problems… which there were.

Balcony Suite

Cabin BS

Port Reviews

Virgin Gorda

Beautiful anchorage, fun beach party

Jost Van Dyke

Just what you want in a Caribbean beach experience

Montserrat

Fascinating but sobering experience

St. Barts

Great Birthday Dinner, Enjoyed walking and seeing the luxury sights on this beautiful Island, Expensive!

San Juan

We always enjoy the sights in San Juan, buy a Panama hat at Ole'

8 Helpful Votes