We chose this cruise for its itinerary. But it turned out to be disaster. Ship came back from Ushuaia and Machu Pichu infected with GI problems and influenza. Passengers were quarantined in their cabins and ship was supposingly being fully disinfected. Embarkation was delayed due to disinfecting procedures. All crew was working 2 extra hours a day to clean the ship. Unfortunately the cleaning they were doing was rather superficial. What is the point of cleaning top of the tables when bottom is not touched or hairs are not cleaned etc. What about life jackets we wore first day during our safety drill? And so on. During our cruise 16 days they tried to clean and disinfect, but to us it was not proper cleaning. People were still falling sick and imprisoned in their cabins after paying hefty price for their cruise. Staff was constantly making jokes how they have to sterilize everything even microphones for the show. After few days I got cough and fever had to take antibiotics. My husband was coughing terribly and also developed fever. I started getting better but he got worse. Had to visit ship doctor who after multiple tests chest X-ray and influenza nasal swab told us that he has influenza A and needs to start antibiotics and tamiflu antiviral tablets. This visit cost us 1800 US dollars !! Unbelievable, hopefully insurance will reimburse us. It was not our fault that we got sick. We got infected on the ship that was not properly sterilized! We should never have been allowed on this ship in the first place. After doctors visit we were asked to return our room keys and do not leave our cabin for 48 hours. We were stuck in our cabin without being able to get out in ports. It was ok for My husband but I was feeling well already and was really disappointed not being able to see Belize and Coco Maya. I felt like I was in prison! We are seasoned cruisers and have been on Oceania few times before but this time never again.! I. Also blame CDC for allowing passengers to board this ship.

Infected ship

bartekmak’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Regatta price drops

Concierge Level Veranda Stateroom
Cabin A3
Poorly cleaned. Due to infection on the ship cleaning staff was not allowed to vacuum our cabin for almost a week.
Cabin smelled of disinfectant, made us nauseous and it was hard to breathe.they kept leaving all surfaces wet with disinfecting solution. We had to dry it before we could even sit on the toilet or wash our hands.
Should have never happened!!!
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins