3. Navigator of the Seas
We chose this particular cruise based on the itinerary and dates available for our daughter's spring break. We fly in from Seattle and could not do a full week cruise, so we needed the shorter option to be able to arrive in time to board and depart. The lowest point of the cruise was probably at arrival, getting onboard. We stood in line for over 3 hours as we waited to check in. This was my fourth cruise and the first for my husband and daughter and I've never experienced such a horrible check in process. Once we were onboard though, everything was smooth sailing. The activities on the boat were a lot of fun. We had our 17 year old daughter and there were many things that kept her interested both throughout the day and in the evenings, things that kept her engaged with others her age, and not awkwardly trying to fit in. The staff in the main dining room was soooo friendly and helpful. We did not try any of the other restaurants (aside from Windjammer) simply because we truly enjoyed our waitstaff in our assigned dining slot. We went to the Illusionist and had a blast, he was very entertaining, we also went to the Marriage Game Show and enjoyed that as well. The production number was a little long, maybe not my speed so much, but great dancing. We loved the comedian and really really enjoyed the 70s disco party on the Promenade. We spent many nights at the Schooner bar listening to the pianist as well and really enjoyed him, however he did tend to go a little long committing to one singer or another and not mixing it up and involving the crowd as much as I would have liked. I was really impressed with the fitness center. I think all but one machine were working which I consider a huge bonus! I am used to having some out of order! The waitstaff on the pool deck was always available and helpful. We paid for the internet and had really spotty connection. I wasn't disappointed or surprised given we are at sea, but at some point, this should be improved. Another disappointing factor was that paying for the soda package for our daughter, $8/day did not include bottled water for her. This seems like a huge miss. It also seems like bottled water should be included in the state room since we paid for the beverage package. It would be nice to see a late night dining option other than pizza and cold sandwiches. That got old really fast. Jonny Rockets was a good deal at $7 each for all you can eat, however we didn't get to take advantage of this because when we did go it was so busy that we sat for 10 minutes and never got service. I'm not sure what the room attendant's role is aside from making the bed and changing out towels but I didn't really feel like much was picked up compared to what I experience at a typical hotel room service. Usually my vanity area is straightened a bit and I didn't get that. I don't know if that's to be expected or not.

Love Royal Caribbean

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by smitchell328

smitchell328’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

We chose a junior suite and were really impressed with the size of the room. There were three of us and there was plenty of room and storage for all of us to place our things. I did notice that the extra blanket I grabbed from under the bed was stained/dirty, but I placed it on top of the other blankets so wasn't too bothered with this detail.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Cozumel
    We got off the boat and headed to the taxi pick up area and asked what a good beach would be. They suggested Skyreef and said it was $5/pp for the cab. We hopped in and arrived at a small area off the beaten path that was not at all a white sandy beach. The individual at the hostess stand informed us it was $15/pp to get onto the "beach" and that included snorkeling, a 5 minute massage, and one drink (possibly other incentives, I don't know, I wasn't interested in any of this). We talked our way through this, and agreed to order food and drinks and didn't pay to go sit on the "beach." Now, this is not a laying out beach AT ALL. It is all rocky, strictly for snorkeling. DO NOT go to this beach for laying out! I was actually informed that Paradise is the right beach for that. However, this location is supposed to be amazing for snorkeling. After sitting on the rocks for a bit, we made our way to the restaurant and ordered a long island iced tea and a dirty monkey. That Long Island was SO on point! I ordered two. The Dirty Monkey drink was delicious, but definitely more like a dessert. We also got the gauc, which was outstanding. The service was impeccable. Felix really stayed on top of our drink needs and suggested a delicious house shot called Torito (you HAVE to try this! It's delicious and a great way to keep your entire party in the mood for more drinks!)

I definitely think this place is a great place to check out. I would even call it a destination restaurant. Our plan was originally to just go to Senor Frogs, but I am really glad we paid the cabfare and stopped here. We still had plenty of time later to stop at the cliché stops closer to port. Make sure to tip Felix really well! He kept our drinks and chips full and saved our entire port call by making this a great stop!
    View All 6,705 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Nassau
    Nassau was a bit disappointing. The entire town seems to have been really impacted by hurricanes and a lot of businesses are shuttered. That said, the only area that is really open is immediately at the boats. We took a cab to Atlantis for $12. We didn't pay to see anything and didn't feel welcome (understandably). We were able to walk through the tunnel/aquarium near the restaurant so we got a little taste of what the resort is like--and honestly, it seems overrated. We ended up walking back to port. It took about half an hour, but was a pleasant walk.
    View All 5,884 Nassau Cruise Port Reviews