3. Grandeur of the Seas
We chose the 9 Day out of Baltimore on the Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas largely because it fit perfectly in my kids' Spring Break. I understand that the Grandeur is one of RC's smaller ships, but it really needs to either add more activities for the kids to do or acknowledge it really should be an adult-only ship. Yes, there was a rock wall... that was only open a few hours twice a day. Yes, there was a kids center... that was open even less and when it was open it was so packed my kids had no interest because it was so small. The pool was also small with signs that limited it to 34 persons and also stated that anyone in swim diapers were not allowed to use it. The entire ship was full of children with nothing to do while the parents had the casino, the shopping, and the bars open all day long. Again, it really was an adult-centered ship. I overheard someone discussing numbers, and the previous sailing of that ship only had roughly 35 kids onboard while our sailing had over 400. Kids were on Spring Break, so I can't say I'm surprised, and I really wish they had taken the time to expand the hours or added activities centered on the kids given that drastically increased number. It's not like RC didn't know they were coming. Many of the activities on the ship that my kids really wanted to be apart of, including the crew vs. guests volleyball game and the belly flop competition, were only for 18 and over. The kids were left out, and it was disappointing. They are paying customers too, and we spent a lot money for them to be there only to end up playing board games in the Centrium. Thank God we brought them. This was our third cruise, and our first on Royal Caribbean. While I might be open to one of RC's larger ships with things like water slides and basketball hoops, I doubt I will sail on the Grandeur with our kids again any time soon. It isn't a ship for them.

Not much for the kids

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by MDBaseballMom

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

MDBaseballMom’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Ages 10 to 12
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

We ended up with two adjoining two-person rooms, one for my two kids and one for my husband and I. This was after a travel agent stole our 4 person room out of our cart while booking. The woman from Royal Caribbean we got on the phone was real apologetic, but there was nothing she could do. We went with the two rooms and while having that ended up being nice, it took HOURS for someone to come unlock the door between them. Frustrating start to the trip.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans