3. Carnival Breeze
My family and I decided on this cruise out of Galveston after our initial cruise with another cruise line was canceled. We were specifically looking for something departing from the Houston area (since we are local) that was cost and family friendly. This cruise was both, and it far exceeded my expectations. I was accompanied by my husband and 2 kids, who were 18 months and 4 years old at the time. My mother and sister also traveled with us in another cabin. My husband and I stayed in an inside cabin with our two little ones. I was rather concerned about this after reading so much about the great lengths people go through to provide themselves with more space and privacy, especially when kids are involved. However, we had a great experience and I wouldn't hesitate to select another inside cabin with my young children. It was helpful having my mom and sister next door, so we had opportunities to drop off the kids when needed, but they stayed with us for the most part and things worked out fine. The biggest necessity was organization; as long as the cabin was tidy, we functioned well even in a smallish space. The food was ok... about what I expected. Not top-notch restaurant quality, generally, but also not low-rung cafeteria fare. It was somewhere in-between, and considering how much you had access to and the decent quality, I felt like it was a good value. Guy's Burgers stood out above most the rest for me... but you can always find something worth eating onboard. I was a bit worried about not having enough to do while cruising, especially with young kids, but it turned out to be the opposite. We didn't have the opportunity to experience everything we wanted to try, We had no trouble keeping ourselves or the kiddos occupied. We also left the ship for every port stop, and we spent a minimal amount of money off the ship (no formal excursions), but managed to enjoy ourselves plenty. We took one local tour in Cozumel -saved lots and had no issue. The rest of our port stops were shopping and/or nearby beaches, and we loved it. The service on this ship was probably the most notable feature. Despite having little kids with us, which could have rubbed some staff the wrong way -especially when they were having some kid moments- the staff did everything and then some to make us and our kids feel welcome and as though they truly enjoyed working with us. I can't say enough about our dinner server and cabin steward. I also enjoyed the other cruisers on this the Breeze. Everyone seemed laid back and easy-going. We really had an overall great time on this cruise.

Great Family Fun on Carnival Breeze