3. Norwegian Gem
The cruise was a lot of fun-- great tours but to make the NCL experience better-- I wrote some suggestions for improvement: The cruise entertainment was terrific-- much to do. Cruise director Mark B was excellent. Spa was wonderful with the exception of the showers-- i.e., the showers inside the spa were always clogged-- I mentioned it to the ladies who work there & they were aware of issues because -- showers always flooded because water did not drain inside showers. Was not fixed that week. Food-- Food was not as good as food on "the STAR" or " Breakaway". The buffet NEVER had fresh salmon in the mornings-- had a salmon pate but that is not fresh smoked salmon tartar. Fresh salmon was available when we sailed the Breakaway & Star. However the coffee was here better than on the "STAR". Suggest they offer a " coffee card" so you can get so many speciality coffees for an additional price. BAR-- waiters-- excellent! Cabin-- Balcony was creaky --walls creaked & customer service should have offered additional on board credit or moved us. Suggest that room be fixed or out of circulation. Internet on ship: EXCELLENT-- internet manager-- Thomas was knowledgeable, patient & terrific! KUDOS!!!! Again, with all the cruises my husband & I were on this was the only one with a squeaky room-- which was annoying & that balcony room should be fixed or not given to paying customers-- maybe the casino people who get FREE cruises could get that room.... Captain, staff & photographers on ship were wonderful. All in all I like cruising with NCL & booked a future cruise.

Fun Cruise

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by Snowball007

BAR-- waiters-- excellent!

Captain, staff & photographers on ship were wonderful.

All in all I like cruising with NCL & booked a future cruise.
Snowball007’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Family Balcony
Cabin B3 9664
DO NOT BOOK THIS Cabin. ...the first 3 nights we had so much noise from (the walls/doors/ inside the room!!!!) cabin that we complained and maintenance fixed the door which had issues-- BUT still The cabin walls creaked-- called customer service & they said the creaks were in the walls--can't fix. BUT customer service should have offered to reduce room rate but they offered NOTHING for the problems within the cabin. Advise: do not get this cabin-- it was creaky & keeps you up at night. NCL did not email me a survey so I could not respond about it to them.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins