3. Grandeur of the Seas
I chose this cruise for the price and because it sailed out of Baltimore so we didn't have to fly. It was our family's first time cruising so we didn't know what to expect. The entire trip was great and the service of the crew went above and beyond our expectations. The ship was just the right size for first time cruisers, like us. It felt like we were leaving our family when we departed on day 9. My seven year old son had a great time at Adventure Ocean. We also loved the nightly shows, especially reVoiced and the ship's dancers and singers. We also took an all access tour of the ship on Day 8 and it was very educational and interesting. We stopped in Charleston, Port Canaveral, Miami, and Nassau (didn't get off at Coco Cay because the waves were too rough; something to consider when you're traveling in Spring because according to our cruise director, they haven't been able to disembark to Coco Cay for 2 months). Charleston was very walk-able right as you step off the ship. For Port Canaveral and Miami, we rented a car. I would not recommend the Miami Hertz on Second Street. The car that was supposed to pick us up never showed. Luckily, the Dollar/Budget pick up driver gave us a ride to the Hertz! In Nassau, we took a taxi to Atlantis.

Great First Time Experience

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by zwscread

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas

zwscread’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

The decor is dated but everything was clean. Our cabin steward, Gerald, made sure of that every time we returned to the cabin. I wasn't sure how the sleeping situation would work but we had two separate pullman beds that came down from the ceiling for the boys. It worked out great because the boys didn't have to sleep in the same bed.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans