3. Majestic Princess
We have been on 66 different cruise ships. Most once, some twice and some three or more times. We realize all would not be as we expected, knowing it was still being finished as we sailed out of Trieste Italy, but expected, at least Princess, to be ready to be enjoyed. While the new ship smell was evident, that is about all we enjoyed. Our suite was very comfortable, as we were doing a back to back, we had to pack and more 5 doors down, so not that much a hassle. We found out Princess added this 1st 4 day cruise to coincide with their 50 year beginning. Pipes in different areas were not painted, and were already starting to rust. The food was lackluster, to say the least. Not much taste. Carnival has much better food. Pullmantur had better food. Princess could never compete with Royal Caribbean dining. Our specialty restaurant visit was to an authentic Chinese dining room. A 3 star chef menu items. We figured we would be able to taste real Chinese, instead of the buffets we have in the US. Our dining time was at 8pm. We were seated in a corner, all alone. 30 minutes later we received water. Food order was take, at 9pm we got salad and soup. 9:30pm, the entrée. I ordered a duck item. I received the lower half of the entire duck carcass, no meat, breasts, legs, etc. Just the carcass, hidden in a dark broth, with succotash. We left, did not eat, finish or try dessert. The manager came over, we told him we were not happy with the meal. He became very rude, said there were other restaurants we could have gone to. On the 2nd day on the cruise, the ship was christened with a death. A gentleman either jumped, fell, or lost his balance. He hit the forward starboard deck, and there was blood everywhere. The crew came out of nowhere and cleaned it up so fast, it was like they were all assembled there waiting. This is what we totally hated about this ship. While eating on the 1st cruise in the buffet, the food items were not labeled. One had to take soup out to see what it was, ask, etc. On more than one occasion, we saw Chinese guests take the ladle of salad dressings out, sniff, lick the side, then put it back in the container. I immediately told a worker, who shrugged and didn't do anything about it. I see a norovirus attack waiting to happen. I bought the drink package on the 2nd cruise. Although I only drank one drink a chocolate martini, mostly, every bar made it differently. And some even charged me differently, as a more expensive drink, on my bill. So another trip to customer service. In the dining room, we did anytime dining. We asked, on entrance, to share a table, as we wanted to meet others. They always told us it was quite slow, at 8-9pm. or 7pm, whenever we entered. We were always put at a table for 2 in a corner. We asked our cabin attendant for more bars of soap, after the only one we got was used up, and never received any, though I asked daily. I addressed our concerns with a member of management. I was thanked, yet nothing changed. Shows were ok, but not up to Royal Caribbean. Ports were mediocre. If you plan to go to Kotor, take your sim out of your phone. We spent 2 days there, didn't make 1 call, just taking photos. While quite nice, we were hit with an $800 roaming charge. In Greece, Italy, Spain and Holland it was $10 a day. Go figure.

Cruise to Hell & Back

Majestic Princess Cruise Review by timetravel

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Europe

Shows were ok, but not up to Royal Caribbean.

timetravel’s Full Rating Summary
Get Majestic Princess price drops

Cabin A101
A beautiful, well appointed cabin.
  Majestic Princess Deck Plans