Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review
2,269 Reviews

This was not a cruise, this was far from what I expected!

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by 1tc

• Sail Date: Apr 2017
  • Destination: the Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Junior Suite

Most unenjoyable cruise I have ever been on. The food was average except for the specialty restaurant which was what I remember as the quality on past cruises I have taken. Now however, it costs an additional $80.00 and the waiter expects an additional tip over and above the amount included in the std fare and in the the upgrade to specialty dining.

The cabin furniture was the most uncomfortable I have ever experienced in any hotel or ship I can remember. At 5' 7" I could not even stretch out on the couch! The balcony furniture was extremely hard and difficult to sit/lie on! Requests to address remote control issues, coffee maker issues went unaddressed. We were provided bed sheets one evening with holes and stains on them.

The arrival transfer to the ship required a walk of several hundred yards with baggage in tow, along with my walker and was difficult to navigate! Many staff, not all, were disinterested in offering any assistance to disabled guests. Dealing with rude customers while in a scooter was also an immense challenge. elevators that passed our floor empty were another mystery, while we waited minutes to go up or down. I have no option of using stairs! Changes were made to RCL policies after booking was made - room service charges. Beverage policies the most obnoxious I can imagine. Water at a cost of nearly $80 per case in the room is unconscionable. As a person requiring medication, and drinking from the in room water, it may have contributed to my illness on the last day of the cruise.

The only saving grace was head waiter George!

Not likely ever again with RCL!

1tc's Full Rating Summary