3. Carnival Triumph
Our friends wanted to see Mayan ruins but we had been there done that. This cruise combined with a visit to NOLA fit us perfectly. Embarkation was smooth as always, the ship was clean , the staff very friendly. Our stateroom was the largest we ever had and nicely appointed. It was a little dated but meticulously cared for as well as very clean with lots of storage. We had an oceanview on deck 2 (main). We selected our room to be forward and close to the elevators but just far enough away to avoid the noise. Although we heard some music at night it wasn't enough to disturb us. We signed up for your time dining on deck 3 London and had very nice dinners with great service all but the last evening. I don't know why but service was extremely slow and we wondered if they took waitstaff to help collect luggage that evening. I only wish they had a seafood night with great seafood like lobster, shrimp etc. I don't appreciate having to pay extra to order off the "good " menu. Just add $20 to the total and give me one great night of seafood. I do need to say the coffee left me craving real coffee the entire cruise. Sorry but that weak stuff was yuck. Yes I know there is a coffee specialty bar but I don't pay for an "all inclusive" to pay more for decent coffee. The other dining options were quite adequate. We loved the Blue Iguana taco bar, pizza 24/ 7 and the buffet. There was also a chinese place and deli that we didn't try. You won't go hungry on this ship. OK so here is my big complaint. There are 3 pools on this ship. Why in the world can't you designate the one in the rear as adults only ???? The children on board were terrific and mostly well behaved but when we travel without kids it's nice to have a little haven where we can find room in the hot tub and not listen to kids shouting Marco polo and splashing everyone. I heard this from other passengers as well. It's especially hard on sea days.

Nice Ship

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by watkinskjw57

watkinskjw57’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Triumph price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6B 2297
Cabin was spacious and clean. Our steward Indra was fabulous.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins