3. Carnival Ecstasy
This is our first cruise as a family so I do not have a comparison cruise. I chose the 7 days cruise with 4 sea days and port of call at Nassau, Half Moon Cay and Grand Turks. I was pleasantly surprised by the ship and her crew after reading the negative previous reviews. I do not regularly write reviews but the recent reviews that I read definitely do not reflect my experience so I thought it was necessary. The ship had been through a recent dry dock with updates for Blue Iguana Cantina, Guy Fierri's Grill, Alchemy and the water park. I really could not imagine the ship before these new additions.The Ecstasy was visibly whiter with bolder colors than the much newer sister ship docked beside us at Grand Turks. This ship was clean and cared for. Ecstasy's crew would wash down the decks every single night, the bathrooms were always clean, the staff continuously wiped down the tables, chairs, stairs, and shampooed the carpets. Hourly, I saw an adult or child spill something and simply walk away without making an effort to clean up the mess. Those messes were immediately attended to. Our dining experience at Windstar was wonderful with the team of waiters being Mr. Jimmy, Mr. Dedi, Mr. Nikola and Ms. Wonshin. We had anytime dining so we had to wait at times but we learned for 1 person to go ahead 20 minutes and get a buzzer. By the time the rest of the family came to dine we either were seated promptly or would have a drink at the piano bar or play games in the library. The above waiting staff, especially Mr. Jimmy, were amazing! We never took an ipad or phone to the table to enjoy our family time. Mr. Jimmy would always be available for a few magic tricks each dinner and even made napkin animals for my boys. We loved the evening dancing during each dinner. My boys' experiences of dancing with the wait staff and Mr. Jimmy's tricks were the favorite parts of their week. Regards to the other amenities, 1. The putt putt course along with Hasbro games from the library were fun daily activities. 2. The aft water slides/park was enjoyable but, admittedly, best on port days due to decent amount of winds when at sea. 3. There were always activities to do night and day 4. I regularly used the gym between 6 and 8 am and I never waited for a machine. 5 (finally) I noticed that Benjamin, cruise director, or another staff member would make an announcement at 45 minutes of every hour. When I found that out, I never used a watch or phone for the rest of the cruise. My family and I enjoyed each of the ports at Nassau, Half Moon Cay or Grand Turk. I can honestly say that Half Moon Cay's sand, crystal clear water and amenities were the best part of the 7 days cruise. We took the 2nd to last tender back to the ship since we knew that it would be a long time before we experienced a beautiful beach like that again. Finally, I could pick a small thing that went wrong each day but these were minor and correctable problems. 9/10 times I didn't even bother to bring the problem up and, quite frankly, the problem was due to a fellow passenger's neglect or rudeness. The few problems that I did bring up were promptly corrected. An example would be that our power cord was not charging after a breaker tripped. When we told our steward, Mr. Suata, the problem and that there was no urgency to fix it since we were going to sleep; he promptly informed engineering department which quickly corrected the problem. In summary, I would travel with Carnival Ecstasy again. The ship is well maintained, the staff are very personable and absolutely outstanding, and Half Moon Cay was an amazing port. Some things that would make my experience different from other would be that 1. we had a balcony 2. our home is a 2 hour drive from Charleston.

Family fun with school aged children

Carnival Ecstasy Cruise Review by Chavezclan5

Chavezclan5’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Get Carnival Ecstasy price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8A U201
Our cabin was a starboard aft balcony and was tended to well by our steward, named Mr. Suata. We had 2 adults and 2 school aged children so we used the bed and 2 pullman's with space. I did hit myself twice on the pullman's corners and, on a future cruise, I would bring a corner stopper for these edges. The balcony was comfortable and well worth it for morning sunbathing when heading south or afternoon sunbathing when heading back north. It was also a wonderful location from which to look at the flying fish during daytime and the planets, stars and moon at night. Also, the balcony was a nice respite during midday when the decks were packed with people.
Main Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins