3. Carnival Spirit
We chose this cruise as it is known for really good value for money, a good medium size ship and had good reviews. The food was so good. There is so much to choose from as the dining room alone changes its menu every night. And it's 3 course every night too! Then there is 24 hr pizza, there is the best burgers ever and also the buffet - which is really nice. Great variety. Also cater very well for dietary requirements (I am gluten intolerant). If you have dietary restrictions you can order ahead in the dining room and they make almost any of the dishes to suit. Buffet breakfast most mornings were great - toast, poached eggs, grilled tomatoes, bacon - plus there was fruit, cereal, pastries, yogurt, juice, coffee etc. We often didn't even have lunch and I never normally miss a meal!!! The best part of the cruise was snorkelling at the islands. Yejele Beach was the best!!! It is a shore excursion well worth going on - the bus takes you to paradise!!! Go down toward the end of the bay and there are other little bays that you can snorkel to. We are not experienced snorkelers at all and we managed fine. The water is not deep so you feel so safe. The water is so clear. It is the best. Also the Tchoo Tchoo train in Noumea. Isle of Pines nice too. We had a balcony cabin on the 7th floor in the middle of the ship. It was great. Clean (everywhere is so clean), very nice cabin. Worth getting a balcony for the amazing views. Especially sunrise and also when you are coming in to a new destination!! Forget sleep - this was too exciting!!! and you can see on the TV (map channel and also forward view channel where you are all times. The shows that the production crew put on are fantastic. Lots of singing and dancing - but very modern. I loved hanging out at the Red Frog Pub sometimes just listening to the band. They were great. There are quiet places too - to just sit and watch the view or get a drink. It was fun getting our photos taken. You don't have any pressure whatsoever to buy any of them. It is fun to get your photo taken and then view them the next day. I say go for it!!! Just as long as you have willpower to not buy them all!!! The staff were so friendly. Especially the stewards. So nice and helpful. It seemed like we were away for weeks. I loved it so much. I want to go again but take the kids next time. My husband went on an anniversary cruise so the first time in 20 years that we were away for longer than a weekend and I missed the kids like crazy. It was very very relaxing though. And we went on the green thunder! It was so scary but we did it!! Such a fast waterslide. The kids around us loved it. The adults serenity area was nice - it is close to the waterslides though so you can hear some screams and kids etc. Nice place to take your food out to if the buffet areas are too busy (and if you don't have kids with you). We didn't get sea sick at all (and I am notorious for getting motion sickness). I find the waves and slight rocking relaxing. You get days that you hardly notice you are moving and some rockier days. On those days we mostly stayed in bed and relaxed watching movies. You try to stay away from the front and back areas of the ship. So I would pick a cabin in the middle of the ship. We found that to be a good decision. But out of 10 days only two were a bit rocky. Thanks Carnival for an amazing trip. We loved it!

Fantastic cruise!

Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by Kazzafamilygirl

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: South Pacific
  • Cabin Type: Extended Balcony

The staff were so friendly. Especially the stewards. So nice and helpful.

Thanks Carnival for an amazing trip. We loved it!
Kazzafamilygirl’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Spirit price drops

Extended Balcony
Cabin 8K
Nicely furnished, clean, comfortable bed, needed medium firm pillows (either too soft or too high/firm were only available), balcony great, worth if for fresh air and amazing views.
Panorama Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Island Discovery
    Unguided tour. Was great. Tour guide did speak a bit of English. Got to see the island. So nice. We also just swan at Kutamera Bay. Very very nice bay. Worth walking just a little to the right and along the beach to get a better spot away from the crowds.
    View All 30 Island Discovery Reviews
  • Lifou
    Walk to both churches. They are both different walks. Worth it though. Amazing views at the one on the hill - and beautiful wild flowers along the way. And the other one is a nice walk - see a traditional hut along the way and also houses of the locals. We didn't book an excursion for this one. No need. We walked down the beach and found a quieter spot and had a nice snorkel. We looked at the markets too.
    View All 104 Lifou Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Lifou Cruise Port Review
  • Beach
    Yejele Beach - specifically go to this beach!!! It is the best. Loved it. Paradise. (Although Isle of Pines has softer sand - but this beach is breathtaking. The water is gorgeous) Locals great. Nice food and relaxing day. I didn't want to leave!!!
  • Discovery Tchou Tchou Train
    Fun, interesting, and great views again!!! Loved this. We got off the train in the city and walked to the shops and market. Then we caught the free shuttle bus back to the island.
    View All 61 Discovery Tchou Tchou Train Reviews
  • Sydney (Australia)
    So personable. Got to get off the bus for a walk and take pictures. Stayed longer at Bondi. It was great. Tour guide so friendly and helpful.
    View All 12,802 Sydney (Australia) Cruise Port Reviews