3. Grandeur of the Seas
I chose this cruise because I had many friends who were going on Grandeur this time and i would have plenty of company this time around. The cruise comprised of mostly older adults who travel this time of year before spring break. It was smooth sailing going until halfway to the first port when we had our first emergency and had to back track for two hours to have a gentleman airlifted because of a medical complication of some kind. We still made the first port on time. On the way back we had another emergency but got back to our departure port on time. Both emergencies turned out fine and the patients were well taken care of. We went to the Islands of Charlotte Amalie,St. Thomas, St.John Antigua, Bridgetown Barbados,Castries St. Lucia, and Phillips St Maarten, all I have been to before except Castries St.Lucia of which we took a catamaran tour of the islands with a swim off shore and a party like atmosphere on board,really enjoyed that. Dining in the MDR on the Grandeur was nothing to write home about. Most dishes were luke warm to cold. Windjammer served hot dish eggs in the morning time and we took advantage of that. Entertainment was so so in the evening. One comedian was super great with the end name of Nesse whose first name I forget. Activities around the ship were so so and not enough to keep you entertained and really boring at times. Activities director was young and really couldn't relate to this older crowd and kept coming up with things to do for a younger crowd so we really couldn't relate to her.The Cruise Director Paul was no help either and you barely saw him except at certain events and then he was boring anyways with no personality to keep you wanting to be at the event he was hosting like the Quest. My cabin was spacious even for an Interior but the bed was hard as a rock and my back was sore most mornings. My roommate was fine and had no problem with her bed. I loved the yogurt machine as I am lactose intolerant and had no problem after eating a cone so I went back again and again for a cone. Really yummy. Would be nice for more music poolside weather permitting also line dancing for us older folks who enjoy it topside. This trip the Casino was stingy and only one person hit it big which made you not want to play all that much since all you were doing is losing so I lost interest kinda quick. Regardless of all I experienced, I would sail again on Grandeur and have a cruise planned for 2018 and 2019.

Just Average

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Stella777

Stella777’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Cabin 2059
We had a steward named Edison of whom I already knew since he was a steward i had a year ago. He performed his duties well and recognized me when i first came in the cabin as he knew me from the cruise before and I really was pleased that he recognized me so it was like old home week. Like i stated before the bed was hard and maybe I should have asked for something to make it softer but I didn't but next cruise if the same conditions exist I will ask for something to make the bed softer. It was a great room and felt spacious even though it was small and had plenty of storage places for us both.
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans