• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise

khlancaster
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Jan 2017
Cabin: Deluxe Ocean View

We wanted to try Oceania instead of our usual Princess or HAL. My review is very mixed because some things were better and others were not. For example, embarkation was great, we walked right on and there were some little kiosks with nice items for sale before you boarded, including wine which you could take onboard. Disembarkation was horrible. They told us to be on one floor, then changed the floor. Everyone was packed standing in the halls and there was not even a place to sit. I was lucky I could lean against a wall. The disembarked by color code and people would push their way through with different colors. Finally, one passenger took charge and told those whose colors were called to go one way, and those whose colors were not called to go another. I believe we were standing there about an hour, perhaps more.

So this is what to expect from this review. Some things were great, others terrible. The first surprise came when my husband saw there was no promenade deck. Perhaps, I should have checked this, but who would have thought. You could walk on the upper deck exposed to the sun. To make this easier, I am going to just go by category-

Ship - The ship was beautiful, our cabin was beautiful, it was easy to navigate. The bathroom was large with both a tub and a shower and the shampoo and conditioner you could actually use, unlike some of the other lines.

Deluxe Ocean View