• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals

Oosterdam Review

Editor Rating
36 Awards

Nice cruise on the Oosterdam...

Review for Oosterdam to the Caribbean
leebrownIU
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Mar 2017
Cabin: Large Ocean-View Stateroom

This was a fine cruise. I went solo, but met many people and had a good time. I am a faithful Holland American fan, and this cruise affirmed my affection for HAL. Why? The ship had good food, good service and a traditional style of cruising...no rock walls, zip lines, or other gimmicks.

I got a good price (the Casino rate) on an oceanview stateroom on deck one. The room was close to the elevators and to the Vista Dining Room, one deck up. Speaking of the Casino, congrats and endless thank yous to HAL for FINALLY ending smoking in the Casino! I've been on a five-year campaign to get this to happen, and I probably had plenty of help.

The Oosterdam is ship-shape and is the perfect size for me. It's been updated with the addition of "Music Walk", which include Lincoln Center Stage, BillBoard OnBoard, and BB King's Jazz Club. All were excellent! I especially liked the fact that BillBoard was next to the Casino. Excellent planning.

Large Ocean-View Stateroom

Cabin F

Fine. Small, as expected. Love the shower size and toiletries. Great mattress and covers. Great temperature control.

6 Helpful Votes