3. Pride of America
This was my wife and my opportunity to visit several islands on my 3rd and my wife's 2nd visit to Hawaii. We wanted to see several islands and this cruise was the opportunity to do so. Check in to the cruise ship was fairly quick. You dropped your luggage off in the luggage area and then joined a line to check in. Several counters were open that made it a 10 minute or less wait. Staterooms were not ready until after 2 pm. We took a guided tour of key ship areas and ate at the buffet in the interim. The buffet cafe had limited types of food that what I had tried on other non Norweigian cruises. It was a smaller area than what I was used to from prior cruises. One juice machine was broken the entire time during the 7 night cruise making people have to walk further for drinks. Seating was sometimes hard to find. Some seats were jammed together so close that it was hard to get to them unless you were very thin. The entertainment was decent. The traditional game shows such as the Newlywed game and a comedian were very good. The excursion opportunities were good. We did Haleakala Crater at the Maui stop. It was very enjoyable if you like nature type trips. Great photo opportunities. Volcanoes National Park and the Journey to Waimea Canyon were our other paid excursions. Shopping at Kona was also a highlight with lunch at Bubba Gumps. Farmers market had some very nice vendors. Not many areas on the ship to find quiet areas. Solarium is right near the main pool. I used the fitness center several times. No free water which was a bummer. But, towels were available and modern equipment was in the center. Our stateroom was very nice and good size. Housekeeping was good. They alternate which side they start on each day. so your room might be cleaned early one day and after 1 p.m. the next day. Disembarkment was painless and well organized. Getting luggage was quick after you get off the ship. Signs for cabs/limos were easily found.

Hawaii Island Cruise

cogjc59’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian (NCL) Pride of America price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 9098
Nice cabin, pretty quiet for mid ship. Not too far from elevator and stairs. Enjoyed the balcony view.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins