3. Azamara Quest
Having sailed Oceania many times wanted to try Azamara to see how they compare. We booked this cruise before they changed the itinerary mainly for Key West and New Orleans. They canceled the stop in the Yucatan and added Havana, Cuba as an overnight which made us very happy indeed. We were in a Continental Suite which is the same as the Penthouse suite in Oceania. The food overall was very good. We ate in the specialty restaurants 6 times and while we found Prime C to be excellent, the Italian restaurant was not as good. The main dining room was good. We went to the breakfast buffet the first day and didn't care for the selection at all. Doesn't compare to Oceania. The appetizers that were left in the room each day were excellent, better than Oceania. Service was good but certainly not any better than Oceania. Did not see the interaction with the Officers that people on the Azamara board rave about. Our main complaint with Azamara is their included drink plan. How they pick what is basic and what is premium is a mystery to me. How can you say white rum is basic and dark rum is premium. Go to any liquor store and Barcardi white and gold are the same price. I opted for their "Ultra" plan for a $22 per day extra charge since I like Black Russians and Kalua is considered premium. However even having this plan I was denied a $9 glass of port after dinner. My wife likes to have a Cab with dinner and our friend only drinks Pino Grigio. While they were available the first day, the second day we were informed they were not and we had to choose the white or red that was the wine for that day. This is ridiculous !! We are not talking high end wines. You shouldn't have to wait around several days before you can order it again. After complaining to their relations dept. the wine we wanted was made available to us each day. You shouldn't have to complain for something that basic. Came back from tour in Havana and were told there was a problem with our suite. Apparently a water pipe had burst in the suite next to ours and flooded that suite and ours. They moved us into the presidential suite which Azamara's CEO had just vacated which was about 4 times the size of ours and made for a very nice last night. I found Azamara to be a close comparison to Oceania but they lost us with the ridiculous drink plan.

Great food and service, not so great drink plan

Azamara Quest Cruise Review by doowopbob

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Club Continent Suite

BBMacLaird, CBO - Azamara Club Cruises has responded
Hello doowopbob, I'm sorry you're unhappy with our complimentary drinks. I hope someday we'll be able to welcome you back aboard Azamara Club Cruises. We'll be waiting for you!
doowopbob’s Full Rating Summary
Get Azamara Quest price drops

Club Continent Suite
Cabin N2 8047
Chose this cabin because they had taken the tub out during last refit and put in a shower stall that you can actually move around in.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins