3. Star Legend
We sailed on March 25th, from San Juan. Our 4th Windstar cruise but 1st time on the Legend. We’ve been on the “Star” once and the “Surf” twice. As always, every day was perfect except 1 – a day with light rain. It’s funny how that happens to us every time. And as always each port was perfect – they all had at least 1 beach & a few bar destinations. On this trip we landed on 2 new islands for us : Montserrat & Culebra. I truly love the typical sailing ships of Windstar but really wanted to try their 1 of the new ships – one without wind-power. I will say, now, that I prefer these new ships a little more. The only time that I missed the sails was during the “sail away” at each port. The music that is played while the sails un-furl makes me a little misty, and I don’t know why. But on the Legend, it just doesn’t provide that same romantic, emotional feeling. Other than that…. The Legend was very easy to manage, short walks to everything (we were on floor 5, rm 210), and the layout seemed to make sense to me – every bar, dining area, reception, the gym & the casino were where they should be. The areas for entertainment where setup perfectly and again made total sense as to their locations. The rooms had more space, the bathroom was much larger with a tub(who would use a tub?), and we had a little balcony. The balcony isn’t much more than a step but you can slide open the doors and stand on the platform or pull up a chair. The balcony is worth the extra cost in my opinion. The staff were all SUPER nice, helpful, and always pleasant – all of them. My guess is that the age of the guests were mostly in their 50’s & 60’s. We happened to be on a cruise with a large group of “parrot-heads” – they were an enjoyable group. The Windstar ships are always at a port each morning which I find awesome. This trip, for the 1st time, we stayed on the ship until about 1pm (while in Philipsburg (we’ve been here at least 6 times)). We had the entire top deck to ourselves! It was like our own private ship – really a special feeling. There is no pressure to get on or off the ship. With only 200 passengers, it’s never a battle for a tender or the stairs. The casino is small but it was fun. 2 tables and maybe 20 slot machines. The gym was adequate - has 3 treadmills and 2 bikes, but not any weight lifting equipment to speak of but enough to keep you lifting a little during a week of vacation. The Star deck has snacks from 6 to 6 and some of the sandwiches were very good. The main dining room was great with plenty of variety. Room service was very fast to deliver but very slow to answer the phone. Breakfast on the Veranda was typical Windstar – which I love. Lunch – we only did once but had almost everything, and was very good. The deck Barbeque & the Island party were both very nice. The crew put on a show, as always, however it’s the 1st time we’ve gone to watch, which is our loss – it was so good! It’s not to be missed. Windstar continues to be my favorite Cruise Line. The quality of the staff, food, guests(yes, the fellow passengers), and ports of call continue to be top notch. If you can, on this ship, get a balcony. Other than that, don’t hesitate to book any room. It was a very enjoyable cruise.

Another Spectacular Week on Windstar