3. Navigator of the Seas
Flew in from the West Coast so we took an extra day in Miami. This Cruise was for my 50th Bday had 2 of our 5 kids with us, the others are in college not so lucky for them!! The extra day in Miami was nice because we got in at midnight and had a great day to relax without trying to embark after a long flight the next morning. Stayed at the Holiday Inn Right across the street from the port. Location and the staff were the only things going for this Holiday Inn. They tried but they have a lot of work to do on this hotel. Lobby is nice, our room was what I call a low grade room. Sleep and shower and you don't want to be in there any longer then that. That being said it worked for us. Embarkation went well. walked in got in our lines. I thought it was funny because all of the Crown and Anchor level members had longer lines to get their sea pass card then the cruisers with no crown and anchor society. We were on the ship in no time. Everyone was friendly around us and the crew was helpful and happy while we got on. Disembarkation had a little hiccup. One of the gangplanks did not work so everyone was trying to get off through one gangplank. Its funny how impatient everyone can be, as well as this is any fault of RCCL. Stuff happens and its no ones fault. We have been on this same ship class before. They did refurbish it and it may need another refurbishing coming up soon. The Navigator was clean in all areas I went to. I did not spend anytime in the casino but I am sure it was clean as well. I love that they added the flow rider the kids and I spent lots of time on it. It is a great size ship I feel and we had a sold out sailing. That being said I never felt that crowded. We seemed to find chairs in the pool area or one floor up around the pool area to see everything that was going on. Maybe the only crowds where in the WJ and my wife waited a few times for the women's bathroom. The crew was super friendly and said hello everywhere we went. Bar service was better then I expected especially since I only had the soda card and would get sodas. There were several times I would be asked by another bar tender if I needed anything while my drink was being filled. Cabin was great. We had a balcony and we loved it. The room was very clean and our bathroom always shined. Our steward was there and met us when we got to our room. He told us his ours that he worked but if we needed him for anything to call him and he gave us his card. He was great we had ice twice a day in our room. He also left the towel animals I linked up during the week. We saw him 2-3 times a day and he made sure we were being taken care of. Dining I felt the food was very good not great. We only ate in the WJ and MD for our food. We did not do any specialty places except we did go to Johnny Rockets one night. Our waiter and asst waiter were outstanding. Asst waiter had my soda filled every time it got low. I never had to ask and always left a pretty full drink by the end of dinner. Waiter always had us try and extra meal if we wondered if it was good. He would say your on vacation try both. Was one of my favorite waiters over all my cruises. Ice show was everyones favorite and it is amazing what they can do on skates with a boat rocking around. My two daughters did the teen club and loved it. My older daughter was in and out went to what she wanted and my 15 year old met some great friends and they did everything together. Loved the flow rider, rock climbing wall. The mini golf is pretty basic and lots of activities like basketball, volleyball, soccer, dodgeball, and several other games. Had tournaments set up for youth and teens and adults throughout the week. The night shows were good although we didn't go to all of them. The Broadway review was amazing. As I mentioned I felt our service was outstanding we were helped and acknowledge every where we went. Crew was great. Kids loved the Teen supervisor as well. Sushi I think was her name not sure of the spelling but she made the times great for them. Labadee was a great beach day. I have not sat on a beach that long in a while. We were there for several hours. My daughter and I through the football for 1.5 hours straight. I thought my arm was going to fall off. The lunch offered was pretty basic ribs, hot dogs hamburgers, it was ok for a meal at the beach. We avoided the venders since my wife was attacked the last time we were there, with everyone trying to get you in there shop. We did go into the market very low key and easy to look around. Probably could have got a better price with the venders but they are relentless if you don't buy. Curacao we got off and just explored. We found a driver he took us around the island and showed us everything and told us everything about the island. He took us to a great little beach where we swam for a while. It was beautiful. Did a bulk of our shopping. Was a little mad with some of the chain stores after the fact because at some of them they had better discounts in Aruba. Aruba we set up a tour off the ship before we went with Danny's 2 Wheel Adventure. This was a Segway tour. I loved it Danny met us right out of the cruise ship terminal. Picked us up and we became instant friends. He was like part of the family and was awesome. We got to his shop and he took time with us to make sure we were comfortable on the Seaways. Spent as much time as each person needed. He locked up our bags and what ever else we wanted so we didn't have to carry anything as we road. Taught us about the island and the history. Always made sure we were comfortable and asked us often if we needed a break or wanted to keep going make us in charge if we wanted to stop and rest or not. He bought us all a smoothie at the lighthouse which was very good and refreshing. It was an amazing adventure. He lets us swim for a while at his shop and then took us back to the pier. He even made an extra stop for us that he didn't need to. He was very personable and took great care of us. He is a great tour guide and would not hesitate referring him to anyone. Bonaire was our favorite Island of the trip. It is a dessert Island with lots of cacti. We dove at this island. I read lots of reviews before I went and we went with VIP Diving. It is the best choice I have ever made in a dive company. I have been diving since I was 12 and as I stated earlier I am now 50. I have dove all over the Caribbean, HI, FL, west coast from WA to CA. These guys are the best dive company I have every used. We were again greeted right out of the ships terminal and Martian was our dive guide. He talked to us for a while but asked us questions about the diving that day what we wanted to see or do in our dive and went through what we would do for the day. Martian was an A1 person and dive master. So we went to the shop filled out some paper work and as we sat around the table he answered any concerns we might have and again pointe out a couple of dives we might want to do. We got to meet the owner of VIP diving while we were there and he was very friendly and was there to make sure we were taken care of and treated well. We were all given a real great water bottle that we would be able to use through out the day. What a great idea I thought we get a souvenir from Bonaire and we keep the environment friendly by not using a bunch of plastic bottles. We then were fitted with all our dive gear and gear was place in bins and we had them in the back of the truck. We were off to our first dive site. Martin was very thorough in our question and answer session. The best part about the dive shop was I felt that our experience was more important then getting us in to dive and back to the ship. First dive we did was perfect about 35 feet and lots of fish. We all had a good dive and everything went perfect. Second was this really cool spot no one was around. I thought it was amazing. During the dive my youngest daughter had some ear issues. Martian went above an beyond to make her feel comfortable calm. We had an amazing dive and loved every minute of it. VIP provided lunch for us and it was extremely good. I loved this dive shop and I cannot wait to comeback and dive with them again.

Fun had by all. Love the Ports

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by dntScuba

dntScuba’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 13 to 15
Ages 16+
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Cabin was great. We had a balcony on the aft of the ship and we loved it. It was roomy and very nice. The room was very clean and our bathroom always shined. The room had a long couch that folded out to a bed. Our two daughters sleeped there. So room was larger then other rooms we have had. Our steward was there and met us when we got to our room. He told us his ours that he worked but if we needed him for anything to call him and he gave us his card. He was great we had ice twice a day in our room. He also left the towel animals I linked up during the week. We saw him 2-3 times a day and he made sure we were being taken care of.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Aruba
    Aruba we set up a tour off the ship before we went. We booked a Segway tour with Danny's 2 Wheel Adventure. We all loved it!! Danny met us right out of the cruise ship terminal at a set time. Picked us up and we became instant friends. He was like part of the family and was awesome. We got to his shop and he took time with us to make sure we were comfortable on the Seaways. Spent as much time as each person needed. He locked up our bags and what ever else we wanted so we didn't have to carry anything as we road. Taught us about the island and the history. Always made sure we were comfortable and asked us often if we needed a break or wanted to keep going make us in charge if we wanted to stop and rest or not. He bought us all a smoothie at the lighthouse which was very good and refreshing. It was an amazing adventure. He lets us swim for a while at his shop and then took us back to the pier. He even made an extra stop for us that he didn't need to. He was very personable and took great care of us. He is a great tour guide and would not hesitate referring him to anyone.
    View All 12,984 Aruba Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Aruba Cruise Port Review
  • Scuba Diving
    Bonaire was our favorite Island of the trip. It is a dessert Island with lots of cacti. We dove at this island. I read lots of reviews for dive companies before I went and we went with VIP Diving. I went with them because of all the positive reviews on how well they work with the cruise ships. It was the best choice I have ever made in a dive company. I have been diving since I was 12 and as I stated earlier I am now 50. I have dove all over the Caribbean, HI, FL, west coast from WA to CA. These guys are the best dive company I have every used. We were greeted right out of the ships terminal and Martian was our dive guide. He talked to us for a while but asked us questions about the diving that day what we wanted to see or do in our dive and went through what we would do for the day. Martian was an A1 person and dive master. So we went to the VIP shop filled out some paper work and as we sat around the table he answered any concerns we might have and again pointed out a couple of dives we might want to do. We got to meet the owner of VIP diving while we were there and he was very friendly and was there to make sure we were taken care of and treated well. We were all given a real great water bottle that we would be able to use through out the day. What a great idea I thought we get a souvenir from Bonaire and we keep the environment friendly by not using a bunch of plastic bottles. We then were fitted with all our dive gear and gear was place in bins and we had them in the back of the truck. We were off to our first dive site. Martin was very thorough in our question and answer session. The best part about the dive shop was I felt that our experience was more important then getting us in to dive and back to the ship. First dive we did was perfect about 35 feet and lots of fish. We all had a good dive and everything went perfect. Second was this really cool spot no one was around. I thought it was amazing. During the dive my youngest daughter had some ear issues. Martian went above an beyond to make her feel comfortable calm. We had an amazing dive and loved every minute of it. VIP provided lunch for us and it was extremely good. I loved this dive shop and I cannot wait to comeback and dive with them again.
    View All 11 Scuba Diving Reviews
  • Curacao
    Curacao we got off the ship to just explored. A privet driver cam up to us and made us a deal to go with him. He was very knowledgeable about the island. As he took us around the island and showed us everything and told us everything about the island. He took us to a great little beach where we swam for a while. It was Kokomo Beach It was beautiful. Taxi privet car was about 2.5 hours. It was fun. My wife and one of my daughters love this type of thing.
    Did a bulk of our shopping on Curacao. We stepped into some of the same places on Aruba and found some of the chain stores had better pricing. Keep that in mind.
    View All 12,984 Curacao Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Curacao Cruise Port Review
  • Labadee
    Spent the day on the beach tossed the football and just relaxed was very very relaxing. I have not sat on a beach that long in a while. We were there for several hours. The lunch offered was pretty basic ribs, hot dogs hamburgers, it was ok for a meal at the beach. We avoided the venders since my wife was attacked the last time we were there, with everyone trying to get you in their shop. We did go into the market very low key and easy to look around. Probably could have got a better price with the venders but they are relentless if you don't buy. Liked the stop. Perfect beach day.
    View All 1,797 Labadee Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Labadee Cruise Port Review
  • Everglades Tour
    We booked this excursion from the cruise line. I did this because our flight was late in the afternoon and we didn't want to sit at the air port for several hours. It was good for the fact that they took our bags and were locked under the bus so we could leave on the excursion and not worry. Everything ran smoothly had a comfortable bus ride to the everglades and back to Ft Lauderdale.
    The excursion was good it was very touristy. They gave us a ride on a air boat which I wanted more of. It was kind of like a ride at an amusement park. We went down a big for a few minutes and then back in a big circle. We did see a couple of alligators and some interesting birds. The best part of the tour was the demonstration with some wild life. This guy made the tour. He taught us about some of the everglades animals and then brought a good 10ish foot alligator in with him. He made it snap its jaws at him and it is so loud. That was really cool. Tour over all was ok but really nice to not wait at the airport as long as we would have.
    View All 113 Everglades Tour Reviews