3. Norwegian Getaway
My friends and I chose this cruise mainly because of the date, itinerary, and the fact that we love NCL. We flew into FLL the day before the cruise, rented a car and headed to Miami where we stayed at the Clarion Inn & Suites by the airport. We explored the Bayside Marketplace that night, but that was about it for Miami. We dropped the rental car off around 10:30 the morning of the cruise and took Budget's shuttle to the ship. Embarkation was quick and smooth. We only had to wait about 30 minutes after we received our key cards before we were able to board the ship. Our cabins were ocean views at the very front of the Getaway on floor 10. I was nervous about being at the front of the ship as opposed to mid-ship where I always have stayed. It was a very smooth week of sailing and the room location didn't matter at all! The rooms were plenty big for 2 of us to share and there was more than enough storage. Our room steward was fantastic as well. I've never tried specialty dining on any cruises as I have always been more than happy with the quality of food in the included dining rooms/buffets. I never went hungry on the Getaway and I never had a meal that I was disappointed with. We did purchase some food at Margaritaville. The Volcanic Nachos were amazing! Way too much food for 2 people to eat and they were only $6. The entertainment was good, but not spectacular. The cruise and assistant cruise director were a lot of fun whenever we met up with them. They were very involved in activities. The service in the restaurants was pretty good. It was very fast at O'Sheehans. My main complaint about service would have to be the wait for drinks. We booked one excursion through the NCL - the Jolly Roger Catamaran. We loved it. They posted hundreds of pictures on their Facebook page of the day for us to have. We booked another excursion through our travel agent - it was a beach day in Costa Maya...just fair. My favourite excursion was in Cozumel where we did the Cozumel Bar Hop. The beaches on the other side of the island are amazing. Our tour guides were fantastic, especially Colleen. The only legitimate complain that I could make about the cruise was disembarkation. It was long and unorganized. Thankfully we weren't in a rush to get off the ship. I felt terrible for the employees, as many of the passengers were getting angry and rude. My friends and I thought their attitude was a little over the top, as they just finished a week's vacation! The Getaway is the largest ship I've been on. It's beautiful. Last year we went on the Spirit and enjoyed our week on the ship much more. I'm not sure if it's because the Spirit is smaller and we met more people, or if it was just the people who we met that made the week more enjoyable. That being said, NCL is still my #1 cruise line. We can't wait to go again!

Fun Cruise with Friends

Hldunn’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Getaway price drops

Oceanview Stateroom with Large Picture Window
Cabin OA 10720
Quiet location with plenty of storage room for the two of us.
Deck 13 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins