3. Carnival Sunshine
I've been on a number of cruises and when it comes to my vacations, I'm definitely a "glass half full" kind of person. I believe that any vacation can be ruined, or enjoyed, based upon how one chooses to deal with any given situation. So because of that, I can honestly say that I had a good time on this cruise. I can also honestly say that there was a lot to be annoyed with and if I had allowed myself to be upset, it could easily have ruined my vacation! What didn't I like? The pool is small. SMALL. FAR too small for the number of people on the ship. The pool decks are very cramped and "chopped up". The entire ship is chopped up into small areas. It didn't feel spacious in any way, which just made it feel so terribly cramped. The casino stinks. Bad. I know that is a common complaint about any casino but this is the first time that I really, really noticed it. The spa was by far my biggest disappointment. The most glaring problem is the ladies locker room. I'm totally baffled by it. You open the door and there is a short hall with lockable lockers at the end. That's the only area you could get changed. So anytime someone walked in, anyone in the main hallway could look in and see. Not only that but oftentimes the door to the locker room would stick open. The only other area to get changed was either in a bathroom stall or in a shower stall. Not having a place to get changed where you know any random man or woman walking buy can't look in is unacceptable. Ridiculous. Who is the idiot that designed that area? Also, the few spa services I had were wonderful up until the end of the service. Then I got the hard sell on the products. I know that's normal and common but it was a HARD sell. They wouldn't let up. It made me uncomfortable and angry. The thermal spa where you can lay in the warm loungers and relax could have been wonderful if not for the maintenance men working on some shower stalls, basically in the same room. They were yelling back and forth, hammering on things, dropping things, etc. for the entire 1.5 hours I was laying there. I finally just gave up and left. Keep in mind that the room is ENTIRELY tiled so any sounds reverberate throughout the room. It was LOUD with the banging and yelling. Couldn't they have worked on the rooms at night? We paid extra for use of the thermal spa in order to get away from the crowds and relax. There was NO relaxing. SO, for all of you that are already booked on the Sunshine, go into knowing there will be issues but you won't let any of it ruin your vacation. They're simply things you don't like that ultimately don't really matter in the least. For those of you that are thinking about booking the Sundance, I would suggest trying another ship!

Enjoyed myself but many things not all that great, or even good.

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by lyrical2520

• Sail Date: April 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Interior

lyrical2520’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Interior
Cabin 4A 8179
Very small but it was fine. Bed was comfortable
Deck 1 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins