3. Voyager of the Seas
We sailed to the South Pacific on the Voyager of The Seas. It was our first cruise with RCI and were not sure what to expect but we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise and VOS. I think the ship was close to full capacity with a wide variety of ages and nationalities onboard. There were many families on the cruise and except for a couple of children running through the Windjammer and around the pool area, and pushing in front of others into the lifts, they were well behaved. Of course there were a few rude and inconsiderate adults particularly around the lifts but overall people were considerate of those around them. We walked around to the Overseas Passenger Terminal around 2pm and were ushered through to have our photo taken and receive our Sea Pass.Our embarkation was quite quick although we were held up in the migration/customs area evidently (according to a staff member who was checking cards) because of the large number of cruisers who didn’t complete their green cards correctly or not at all!. We had dropped off our suitcases about 10.30am. Our muster station was on deck four outside starboard side and it was very hot standing in the sun for 30 mins, although it did seem to go smoothly. We dined every evening in the dining room (My Time) except for our anniversary dinner in Chops Grille. We enjoyed our meals there and had the same time and table each evening. We had the same dinner companions most evenings - we were all on tables for two but as they are so close together you seem to be all dining together. Our waiters were great, always a smile on their faces and happy to help us. We enjoyed our evening meals, my only complaint was lack of different vegetables. I was pleasantly surprised with the variety of dishes each night as I had read some negative reports before sailing. Breakfast we tended to eat at the Windjammer, we tried the dining room on one occasion and I had breakfast at the Promenade Café one morning. Lunch was also at the Windjammer which we found suited our tastes - soup and salad usually. We did go to Johnny Rockets once for a late lunch after being onshore. It was ok and plenty of food, really too much! The burgers were like most other burgers but we both loved the onion rings. Needless to say we didn’t have dessert! We are not big alcohol drinkers but thought drinks were quite expensive. We thought the shopping onboard quite ordinary, although did buy a bag for my daughter’s birthday and gifts for grandchildren. There was not much variety at all. We do not usually attend the shows but I did go to the two skating shows. Fantastic, I thoroughly enjoyed them both. The band who played on pool deck was quite good as was Kieron who played at the Pint and Pickle pub. The Dreamworks characters were quite popular with families and we even have a photo of DH with Princess Fiona (of Shrek fame). Ports - our first call was at Isle of Pines which we have been to before. DH snorkeled and I sat and enjoyed the view. It soon became very crowded so we headed back to the ship after a couple of hours. Our next port was Lautoka, Fiji. This was our first time there and we decided to take a ship’s tour to Nadi which included a visit to South Sea Orchid Garden, a most beautiful place where the wife of the owner has set up a co-op to encourage the local Fijian women to become more independent. A lovely lady who welcomed us into her home. We then went onto Nadi and were dropped at Jack’s of Fiji for some shopping before then stopping at a Fijian village on the way back to Lautoka. The villagers sang and danced for us and the kava ceremony was held - they are such beautiful, gentle people. There was a market set up on the dock beside the ship with the usual trinkets and clothing. Next stop was Mystery Isand - absolutely beautiful beaches and the colour of the water was amazing. We enjoyed a couple of hours snorkeling and enjoying the beach after DH did the glass bottom boat tour. He was a little disappointed as it was a bit choppy and not easy to see the sea life. He was much happier when snorkeling as the fish were coming to him! He managed to take some quite good photos. Once again it became very crowded and we headed back to the ship. A beautiful island and would love to go back, perhaps on a smaller ship so there are not as many people onshore at once. Noumea was our last port of call where we docked at the container port. We have been there twice previously and decided to do a ship tour of Noumea and surrounding area. I was disappointed with the guide whom we have had before, he was quite self indulgent in some of his commentary. Out of a three hour tour we spent fifty minutes at a hotel having refreshments which I felt was far too long. Overall, a very enjoyable cruise. Would we go on RCI again? Probably if the itinerary was what we were after and of course if the cost was right!

Great First Cruise on RCI

Voyager of the Seas Cruise Review by possum52

We are not big alcohol drinkers but thought drinks were quite expensive.

possum52’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas price drops

The cabin was big enough for the two of us with a king size bed, and a two seater couch.The bathroom was similar in size to those experienced on other cruise lines and I loved the shower door! So much better than a shower curtain. We were well looked after by our steward. I thought the bed was slightly hard but became used to it and slept quite well. If you don't have to fly in the port, I would suggest taking your own pillow(s).

We used the balcony which we found quite big enough for the two of us. I was surprised as I had read reviews that the balcony was very small.
  Voyager of the Seas Deck Plans