3. Carnival Sunshine
The sunshine turned out to be exactly what I wanted it to be. I have cruised before with Carnival but always found a way to cruise on oldER ships(Sensation). So as we researched for this one we made it a point to cruise on a 2.0 ship. Embarkation was not as smooth as I would have hoped as I have always cruised on a suite that gives me preference. Needless to say, I will never cruise without the liberties that the "First to fun" brings. We got on board and met with a crew that legitimately wanted to make our experience great. Pedro was our stewardess and answered any questions we had at any time. The Alchemy bar was around the bend from our room and that worried me a bit when it came to noise but had zero issues with it throughout the cruise. It goes without saying but our Cruise director, Matt Mitchum, is one of Carnival's hidden treasures. He made every minute of the cruise enjoyable. From the welcome party to the sad goodbyes and everything in between. His energy was radiant and evident when it comes to its impact on his entertainment staff. It was his last cruise as he got promoted to the Vista. The Serenity deck is laid out exactly the way it should be on every ship. Two decks for adults with private pool and elevated hot tub right next to bar so that you don't have to go far for a drink. On sea days, there was no better place to be. The food is the setback on the sunshine. Very slow service and food came out cold twice. With that said, I would recommend the Sunshine highly.

Exactly what you would expect from Carnival!

Carnival Sunshine Cruise Review by Pgomezusmc

Pgomezusmc’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Sunshine price drops

Ocean View
Cabin 6C 5205
Larger than expected. Had no issues with room size. Safe was broken and was replaced within minutes.
Deck 2 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins

• Snorkeling
    Second time on this same excursion so I know how great it can be. The snorkeling in Freeport could be some of the best in the world but this day was not the day to be out. Multiple other snorkeling excursions had cancelled due to choppy conditions but this one did not and they almost flipped us on the way back. People were throwing up and were truly scared. The staff back at the beach was great but the boat ride was one that I will not forget!
    View All 92 Snorkeling Reviews
  • Half Moon Cay
    This place is heavenly!!!! The beach might just be the best beach I've ever been on. Sand as soft as sugar and water is clearer than anything I've ever seen. The provided lunch isn't the greatest but the scenery and entertainment is beyond reproach. Would recommend taking own snorkel equipment and snorkel by big cabana and rocks. Also, get chairs by the boat on the beach as the party there is phenomenal!!!
    View All 1,191 Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Half Moon Cay Cruise Port Review
  • Atlantis Resort
    Best water park in the world, hands down! Only negative is the time given to spend at park. After transportation to and from(which isa logistical nightmare) you only spend about 4 hours there. I would recommend booking water park on your own, get off ship early and spend more time at Atlantis!
    View All 677 Atlantis Resort Reviews
  • Port Canaveral (Orlando)
    Embarkation is rough at Port Canaveral. Recommend "first to fun" pass. Cheap parking at this port 75 bucks for 6 day cruise.
    View All 2,150 Port Canaveral (Orlando) Cruise Port Reviews