3. Crown Princess
We have taken at least 50 cruises on many different ships and were always happy with our choice. We went on the Crown Princess on Mach 25 with a group of 17 friends. Upon arrival in our cabin (B605) we noticed a terrible banging coming from the hallway, We immediately went to the passenger service desk and were told there were no available cabins and they would try to look into the problem, Two sleepless nights later (earplugs and two pillows over my head did not diminish to banging enough to sleep) my husband said we were getting off as soon as we arrived in Antigua and flying home. The noise was that bad! Luckily for us, although not for someone else, someone was taken off the ship in an ambulance in Antigua and I again ran to the passenger services and we got that cabin (C616). That was very quiet, but whenever we passed cabin 606 we heard the same banging and were very sorry for those unfortunate guests. That meant the banging was on two decks and on both sides of the ship! This lasted for the entire 8 days of the cruise. Our new cabin's balcony was covered with rust and the chairs stained with paint and very dirty. Our friends had a toilet that only flushed once in a while for the entire cruise. Others also complained about the rust on balconies and the dirty condition. Friends who are elite were disappointed with their amenities compared with other cruise lines. The ship needs a major overhaul. This is not sold as a second tier cruise ship and it should be rust free and refurbished to reflect its first class status. On the plus side, the food and service was very good as was the on board entertainment. Cabin steward was wonderful and waiter tried very hard, which I know is difficult with a table for 10, We were mostly happy with the dining experience and did not try any special restaurants. Horizon Court was adequate for lundh and we were always able to find seats there. We always enjoy the trivia and games and those were plentiful. I think we will now consider the age of the ship when we pick a cruise

Mostly disappointed with Crown Princess

Crown Princess Cruise Review by 2910car

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Premium Balcony

I think we will now consider the age of the ship when we pick a cruise
2910car’s Full Rating Summary