3. Sun Princess
We joined Sun Princess in Adelaide for an 11 day cruise around the Western Australian coast to Darwin where we boarded The Ghan for the return trip to Adelaide. Embarkation was quick and hassle free. Within 30 minutes of arriving at the wharf we were sitting in our stateroom. We were greeted by our Stateroom Steward, Menard, who provided friendly efficient service for the duration of the cruise. The balcony stateroom (Deck 11, A443), was clean and comfortable and provided everything we required for an enjoyable cruise. It was located mid ship and was a short distance from the forward elevators and the laundry. In other reviews we had read about issues that some people reported in regard to Sun Princess. Throughout the cruise we were glad to find that we had no problems with; elevators being out of order, nasty smells in corridors, blocked toilets or problems with air conditioning. The rain didn't leak in and we didn't notice any more rust than we have seen on other ships. The customer service crew provided friendly service which certainly helped make the cruise enjoyable. We ate in the Dining Room, grill and at the buffet and enjoyed the food at these locations. We didn't find a need to try the specialty restaurants but did notice that on most nights these places were almost deserted. At 61 years of age I wouldn't class my self as a young passenger but I was certainly younger than most of my fellow passengers. I have been on a number of cruises with a few different cruise lines and this was by far the oldest group of passengers I have encountered. While this didn't affect our enjoyment it did mean that most venues were deserted early in the evening. My wife and I found the entertainment to be a bit boring. Nothing wrong with the standard of entertainer but it was mainly the same people playing the same thing, at the same time of day at most of the bars and public areas. We found the staff at the Horizons Bar by the pool to offer exceptional service. Not only were they good with the bar service but they kept us entertained with their many tricks, puzzles and personalities. We didn't bother with any of the pre-booked port tours because we wanted to do our own thing in the ports that we visited. This worked out well for us and was certainly cheaper. We were unable to dock in Broome due to issues with the tides. This was disappointing but we accept that this type of thing happens so we made the most of another day at sea. We found that the Sun Princess handled some slightly rough weather in the Great Australian Bight well and we had no problems with sea sickness or getting around the ship. We arrived in Darwin refreshed and ready for our train ride home. We would certainly sail with Princess Cruises again and would welcome the chance to cruise on the Sun Princess again should she be the ship that was available.

Happy Cruisers on Sun Princess

Sun Princess Cruise Review by Tuna56

Tuna56’s Full Rating Summary
Get Sun Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB A443
The stateroom was located below the pool area and we could hear some noise from the deck above but not enough to cause any issues.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins