• Newsletter

10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Mar 2017
Cabin: Celebrity Suite

We chose this trip as part of an Enrichment Journey combined with an after cruise land package to Machu Picchu.

As for the cruise portion of the trip. I read several reviews of the ship experience before I sat down to write this on. I agree with most that the Infinity is an older ship. I do not agree at all that it is shabby and ill kept. Our suite, 9096, was spacious, clean, and meticulously attended to by Harold, our Butler, and Michael, our cabin steward. We would definitely ask for those two again. Sure, it could have used some updated furniture, but that is knit picking. The first night we had a vanity light out. It was fixed by the electrician in 15 minutes. Our only complaint about the cabin what the moving of deck chairs on the activities deck above. I would recommend some kind of sound deadening on refitting.

Embarkation was a breeze. We arrived about 1pm and walked right on the ship. Debarkation was fine. No problem with bags and connections. There was some criticism of Celebrity staff cut backs. I did not experience that in any part of the cruise.

Celebrity Suite

Cabin CS

AS in my main review above, the suite was very spacious, clean and well maintained. Harold and Michael were the highlights of the experience. They were as good as we have ever had. Could use some updated furniture and some new art.

Port Reviews

Puntarenas (Puerto Caldera)

Great hike with a great guide.

Puerto Montt

This was the six mile hike ending at Petrohue Falls. The highlight of the entire cruise. Guides get 5++++++ rating! Very, very strenuous, but worth the time and effort.

7 Helpful Votes