3. Carnival Victory
This was my very first trip on Carnival and possibly my last. I was told to try other Carnival ships before avoiding them all together but I don't know if I want the hassle. The people and vibe on the ship was great, but...... First off, I was told that tea and water would be the only free non-alcoholic beverages to drink all day, so I purchased the soda and bubbles package (something like that) just to get lemonade and maybe a sprite or something if I needed to settle my stomach for any reason. I am highly pissed about spending the $6.50 per day (times two because my roommate had to buy it as well) and was not even able to use it. The lemonade and breakfast juices were free for everyone to drink all day... FREE! I spoke to the lady at the counter, no title because whatever her position was, she was not helpful at all. Whenever I tried to ask about getting a soda, it was either not registered to use with my card or given to me without swiping my card which lets me know that I was billed for no reason for drinks that were FREE. Yes, CARNIVAL, I want my money back because that purchase was misleading and a false advertisement for more money. I also prepaid gratuities and was still charged gratuity on every purchase I made. The food was just okay, nothing spectacular. The club and music was great. The ship is also pretty old and the design is poor. If a certain areas are "adults only serenity areas", then why is the entrance to the water slide in the center of the adults only area and kids are lined all the way down the stairs and running around the entire area. Really!!! Some parents even had their kids in the adults only area with them.. Unreal. There was no separation at any time for adults. The cruise manager was very energetic, but the constant announcements over the intercom became too much after a while and were annoying. I can still hear "Chhhhheeeeerrrrrriiiiiooooo!" I guess he wanted to be memorable and he was, unfortunately for me, successful. Checking out and getting off the ship was a nightmare. Only one person was at the counter to assist people in the middle of the night who were trying to avoid long lines. The self check out machines were broken and only one was up and running the last night. The morning we docked, the computer systems went down which meant that there were lines and lines of people trying to get off the ship, but could not. I was three hours late getting off the ship and almost missed my flight. No one at the port gave directions to catch the shuttle to the airport so I was running around like a crazy person trying to get to the airport as fast as I could and I just did make my flight. Yes, so over that part of the trip.

Not Impressed

Carnival Victory Cruise Review by amar_07

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

The food was just okay, nothing spectacular. The club and music was great.

amar_07’s Full Rating Summary