Allure of the Seas Cruise Review
2,995 Reviews

Great cruise, poor safety for passengers

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by gonzdan

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: the Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Central Park View Stateroom with Balcony

I chose this cruise as my second cruise with Royal Caribbean, I have a wife and two daughters. We has 2 central park balcony rooms.

The cruise itself was great. The food and service were impeccable. Unfortunately my wife and I decided to try rock climbing I believe on day 4 or 5. We were the first to go up on the wall for the afternoon session. No one checked the wall prior to us attempting to climb it. If they would have checked it they would have realized that the grips on the wall were scalding hot from being in the sun all day long. My wife made it halfway up the wall before grabbing a particularly hot grip. At this point she burned her hand and had to immediately let go which caused her to bang into the wall.

When she got down we immediately told the attendant and they proceeded to check the wall to verify the grips were very hot. As a safety precaution they shut down that section of the wall. We took my wife down to the medical bay to be treated. When we arrived my wife told the nurse what happened she immediately dismissed that it could have happened from rock climbing, essentially calling my wife a liar. Once we saw the doctor she was treated for second degree burns to her hand and a severe bruise and swelling to her arm. The doctor was excellent and was the only bright part of this experience.

I contacted guest services to inform them of this issue and they seemed very uninterested. I found this to be unbelievable especially since they stress safety everywhere you go on the ship. I had to help my wife get dressed, shower and use the restroom for the next 2 days after the incident.

Unfortunately this made our 18 year anniversary cruise memorable for the wrong reasons.

gonzdan's Full Rating Summary

Central Park View Stateroom with Balcony
Cabin C2 12611

The room was great, nice and quiet in the evenings. Our stateroom attendant Danielle was fantastic. We had 2 adjoining rooms so it was like we had one large balcony.

Dolphin Swim & Encounter

Swam with the dolphins, it was awesome. My kids really enjoyed it and the food was great.

View All 456 Dolphin Swim & Encounter Reviews
Falmouth

went shopping, good variety of shops, lots of fun

My younger daughter really enjoyed it. Bring a bathing suit.

View All undefined undefined Reviews