Britannia Cruise Review

Upset and exhausted

Britannia Cruise Review by Lady of the Nile

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: the British Isles & Western Europe

We wanted to try a different cruise line and sail from Southampton. This cruise was supposed to be a stress free one week break for my upcoming birthday. The ship is far too big to be comfortable for our age group. We knew this when we booked, but thought as it was only a week, and no flying, we should be o.k.

Thought we would treat ourselves to a suite with a Butler. Although this was a guarantee, we were not told that it was AFT and a very long way from anywhere.

We were supposed to eat in the Epicurean Restaurant as a perk when you have a suite, we did this only 3 times as it was so far and difficult to get to.

All entertainment venues were so far away. Yes we were outside the lift, but once you were on the deck you needed, then it was easily a 10 minute walk. We are both disabled, my husband has a mobility scooter, and I was walking with a stick. As for returning to Britannia, no thanks. No Way.

Dining. We went to the Epicurean where we had a delightful meal. As for the other places to eat, The Beach House was very good. All else was average.

Lady of the Nile's Full Rating Summary

Cabin Suite B703

The cabin/suite was well appointed, however, we were told that as we were both disabled, my husband has MS, and has to use a mobility scooter, his walking is impaired. As his carer, I tried my best to take care of both of us. I was recovering from a very bad fall which left me with a fractured ankle and difficulty in walking. The suite was towards the aft, and going anywhere was a big problem. Walking a long way, waiting for lifts which wouldn't come, and as we were told that we would get an accessible suite, this did not happen, and we had to negotiate a very narrow door, a step into and out of the bathroom, we did not have a wet room with grab rails. So all in all it was very disappointing and it spoiled our cruise.

Lady of the Nile