3. Carnival Vista
We have been on a number of cruises in the past all Carnival. We chose Vista because it was the newest ship. I went with my wife and 2 teenage kids. I had read all the reviews starting 5 months from booking. I do this for every trip I go on to get a feel of what to expect. Ship: It was new and still kind of smelled new. On past cruises the ship had a smell to them not this one. It was laid out fine once you get to know your way around it works for you. It took us one day to figure it out. The show seating in the Liquid Lounge was not done right I did read about this and when we sat in it I understood what people where complaining about. After we went the 1st time we then knew where to sit to get a good look. Water park for the kids is great and the pools are fine. It is a ship the pools are not going to be resort style pools so don't expect that. The casino was fun. I like to gamble on the boats because people are on vacation. If you go to a land based casino the vibe is much different. The smoke in there is bad. I would hope at some point they ban smoking from the casino all together. I know smoking, drinking, gambling go hand in hand but I would bet they would get more casual gamblers in there if there was no smoking and the smokers would still come. If anything else fix the ventilation. I did not gamble last 3 days because of the smoke. If you want a good seat on sea days get up early and save them. I do not like this practice but it is what you have to do. We did not do this on our first sea day and luckily it rained seats became available and we grabbed them rain stopped and sun came out. The ship was packed. there where I think 974 kids on board. It was spring break that is why we were there. It did not bother me one bit. If you don't want to be around kids then travel when they are in school. I did see some people in wheel chairs and it seemed like it would be hard to get around but what are you going to do. you have to hope that people help you out. We did when ever we say someone who needed some assistance. Overall ship was very good Cabin: Small but here was 4 of us. We had a balcony lido deck worked out good for us. go the website and check out your cabin you know what to expect. Dining: The lines were long when you expect them to be long like high times on sea days. I never waited more than 15-20 min and that was on the long wait time side. Most times 10 min. no big deal besides what is your hurry you are on a ship on vacation give me a break. We had set time early dinner in the horizon worked out great. It did take an hour in a half to eat again what is you hurry. Here is a tip if you want to get better service don't be cheap. We brought 150 dollars bills. Give your servers a little extra it goes along way. If you want to say I am paying 15% already then fine wait a little longer for you drinks. We tipped and we never waited for a drink. At dinner it took longer but did not bother us. We tipped our waiters the first night there where 2 other families at our table. We game both our servers each $ 20.00 and they took care of us the whole trip with great service. We also tipped the last night because of the job they did. Try not to do anytime dining seemed to be long lines for that. Go the the breakfast in the Horizon good food and service is fast. Pizza was good made to order so there might be a small wait but it is hot and fresh. Burgers are great, the Burritos were also great. Overall food is good Entertainment and Activities I read a lot about cruise director Matt in the reviews but he was on Vacation we had Mike and he was great His whole team does a great job. We did do a spa day and it was great well worth the money it was my wife's 1st and my 2nd. The kids did club 02 and had a blast. Comedy shows are good. To be honest it is what you make of it. Make a plan from the schedule they provide and check things out. If you don't like what is going on leave. Service: Outstanding again don't be cheap these people make peanuts by USA standards. You get what you pay for. Ports: We did not book anything on the ship. We found taxi drivers and they took us to the beaches and shopping. We would be there before the cruise buses would show up and it is much cheaper. Don't be afraid to do this the people are great in all of the ports. The kids had a blast we had fun and we would do it again. Hope this helps.

Great Cruise, Great Ship

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by Billg1573

Cabin:

Dining:

Entertainment and Activities

Service:

Ports:

The kids had a blast we had fun and we would do it again.

Hope this helps.
Billg1573’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Vista price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8E 10243
Good space worked out well for us.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins