3. Carnival Pride
This cruise was our fifth cruise on the Pride; my 21st cruise and DH's 23rd. Our most recent cruises have been with Carnival, but we've also cruised with other cruise lines (Celebrity, RCCL, NCL, Cunard). I will add though, we've been cruising for a number of years, and cruising now is quite different that it was years ago. I sort of miss those days, but it hasn't stopped us from cruising. We try to go with the flow. We are 1 1/2 hours from the Port of Baltimore, so travel to the port, the price of the cruise, the size of the ship, are just a couple of the reasons we've been on the Pride so often. This was our first time in an extended balcony AFT. We loved it. We always choose the AFT part of the ship because it's nice and quiet, with easy access to the elevators. Our cabin steward and his assistant couldn't have been nicer. We had nice waiters in the MDR late seating, and you can't go wrong with a Maitre'd like Ken. We were happy he was back on the Pride for a short time. The food was fine. Food is subjective, and I say even if you can't decide on something from the menu, you could never go hungry on a cruise. You can always find something to eat. We didn't do any shows this time, although DH did go to the comedy show and thought the comedian was pretty funny. Entertainment choices were not really appealing to us, but we didn't cruise to see the shows. I agree with a lot of other guests, that Carnival should upgrade some of their entertainment. On a couple of nights, there was a lady with her guitar singing sort of folksy music in the Atrium. The music was sort of putting me to sleep. I felt they needed someone more lively in the middle of the ship. We didn't do any excursions, so I can't comment on that part of the cruise. In summary, the service was great all around, we had a great time and we would definitely sail on the Carnival Pride again.

Nice relaxing week on the Carnival Pride

fair-winds39’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M
Loved, loved the cabin. Bed was very comfy. Plenty of space for us. We couldn't get our usual cabin on the Main Deck AFT, so we chose an Extended Balcony AFT one deck up. We really liked the size of the balcony.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins