3. Carnival Inspiration
Our cruise was a much needed trip for my husband and me.We have been working so much so it was needed rest. So this year we made sure to book my first cruise (his 2nd). I was recommended Carnival through a friend and booking was easy and painless. My rep even called a few days before to see if I had any last minute questions. (that to me is a nice touch) Embarkation/Dembarkation- takes about 1hr to get on the boat. Be patient you have security and all the same as if traveling on a plane. We did everything online, so when we got to the desk it was 1,2,3. Then we were on the boat. The first day of course is a little crazy, so just relax. The lines are a little longer at the buffet (we got on around 1:30) because everyone is heading straight there to eat. Rooms don't become available until after 1:30..so we ate and headed to the room. Dembarkation is about an hr long too. We did self assist and we were off the boat by 9:15am. (highly recommend it) It's called by decks so next time we are moving up a few decks. Process was also painless just patience of course. Rooms- Being my first time I wanted a view so we got an oceanview stateroom. Rooms are clean and exactly what we expected. The view is great..pillows and mattress not so much but hey nothing is ever like home. The room stewards make your bed and turn them down for you and that to me is awesome. Fresh towels and bathroom cleaned everyday. Kinda of wish I was on a higher deck because we felt some vibration (we were in the Riviera deck). Only problem only one outlet for your room and just my luck on captains nite my hairdryer must of been a little to strong because the electrician had to reset it. First day at sea- Weather was awesome but the pool gets super crowded so get up early. Unfortunately so does the adult serenity deck. We ended up by the water park..which was a little noisier but great time for laying out. The food is awesome. Hey for being at sea those servers and stateroom stewards do everything possible to accommodate your needs. Food was good not great but there was so many options that you could find something that made you happy. We went to the gym and it has a great view and I loved the steam room. Explore the ships.There are lots of activities but really we were there to relax so it was nice to lounge and read and find spots on the boat to relax.. sushi bar is great plus on this trip.. Last day of Sea-Overall the trip was excellent. Food was good, service was great. Shows there was something for everyone. Some shows were that great but the comedy ones were good. There is something for everyone you just need to look on the daily cruise agenda to see what you want to do. (delivered the nite before by your cabin steward) Dining throughout the entire trip is awesome. Go to the main dining for dinner. The servers are friendly, fast and very knowledgeable. (Much love to Anthony and Michael for taking care of us) They would remind of staying with ship time and all the little extra TLC kind of things you like. They remembered our little favorites such as cappuccino or milk with dessert. (Our table we were one or the other it so cute)The laugh with you and celebrate all special occasions and its nice to watch them dance too. Entertainment- Comedy shows were funny. Paris lounge has weird layout..so best seats are the bottom floor. The other shows were ok..not to impressed with the latin show found it to be a little bland but to each their own. Lots of activities from trivia, scavenger hunts, Karaoke. Only annoying thing I can say is that they will stick a camera in your face as much as they can to take pictures..wow never saw anything like it. Even when eating.. Pricey too. Overall I really enjoyed it and was just a great first experience. Well go again on a cruise it was a great vacation. Thanks to all those hard workers who pick up after us and really just cater to our every need.

Absolutely must do..

Carnival Inspiration Cruise Review by selah09

selah09’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Inspiration price drops

Great View, light shines through door at nite(beware)
  Carnival Inspiration Deck Plans

• Cozumel
    Cozumel- Getting off the boat was easier here because we had a pier. So getting off and on was soo much faster. Lots of stores but downtown is cheaper to shop. We went all around the island (via taxi tour again cheaper than the ship version)saw ruins, saw the entire coast, and stopped at a nice private beach and were able to snorkel and kayak if we wanted (included in price).The beach was beautiful(playa plancera)not so crowded like I heard Playa Mia and Paradise beach were that day. It was relaxing we spent about 5 hours with our taxi and got a little bit of everything we wanted to do here. (The cost can be negotiated just don't settle for first price given. We got our excursion down to $40 for the both of us) When we shared our excursion with the rest of our dinner table they said we got to do more this way than through the ships version.
    View All 6,701 Cozumel Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Cozumel Cruise Port Review
  • Grand Cayman (Georgetown)
    Grand Caymans is beautiful! It takes time to get there so we totally got up early (8am) to make the first tender to the island... well worth it..the island is pricey but gorgeous..we were able to do the stingray excursion with the Moby Dick Tours (totally awesome..reserve thru their website) and half the cost of the ship's version. They got us to the boat and from there we went snorkeling at the coral reef and then to the stingray sandbar..we had a great time those guys are very knowledge of the island and really just know how to treat tourist. It was about a 3 1/2hr tour. I want to go back to Caymans just cause of this tour alone! Getting back to the port there was a line for returning to the ship..so more patience is required. Most excursion ended at the same time so it was a line to get on the tender(about 30mins).
    View All 3,393 Grand Cayman (Georgetown) Cruise Port Reviews