Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review

Celebrity Reflection Cruise Review by GigemAggies

• Sail Date: Mar 2017
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Royal Suite

I was tempted to give only 3 stars but because all of our disappointments had to do with being in an "upper" suite I thought it was only fair to stick with 4. Im sure if we hadn't been paying $1,600 PER NIGHT we wouldn't have been so disappointed.

Because my husband is still working we are only able to take 2 or maybe 3 cruises a year. Therefore, when we do cruise we like to stay in the Royal or Penthouse Suite just to be pampered a little.

So I don't want to come across as entitled but I'm afraid it will come out sounding like.

On past cruises we have really enjoyed Michael's Club. It was never crowded, the service was impeccable and most importantly (to us), you got to know the guests that hung out there because there was only a small number of them. Also, you got to know the concierge very well and they were eager to please. Now that they have opened MC up to the Sky suites we found it had a huge effect on our enjoyment. It didn't have the same ambiance at all. We had a harder time getting dinner reservations than in the past too. Just not the same.

Also, on this cruise I think we had a "new" butler. Edwin was as nice as could be but we always had to make multiple requests for the simplest things (water, ice, shampoo). Also, a good butler is good at anticipating your needs. Edwin never anticipated anything. If we didn't ask, we weren't getting it.

We'll probably start wandering over to the other cruise lines since we've lost that special feeling we had with Celebrity.

GigemAggies's Full Rating Summary

Royal Suite
Cabin RS 1130

Loved the location. Very close to the elevators. You might think there would be noise there but it was as quiet as could be. I wish the balcony was bigger. It's crazy that there's only one lounge chair. The whirlpool tubs on the balcony and in the bathroom are basically just regular tubs because they don't keep the water hot and the jets are only on the sides not on either end. So forget about getting them to be on your back, neck or shoulders. They only hit the side of your legs.

GigemAggies