3. Norwegian Escape
We just got off the Escape on 4/1, second cruise for us (first was the Pearl), hubby, me and just turned 13 year old daughter. We flew all the way from Oregon. The room: We had 8130, a large balcony mini suite down the quiet hallway by the District. This room has the bed by the slider and a bunk over the sofa. Our steward made the bunk up each night for dd by request. The wonderful balcony had 2 chairs, a round table, 2 loungers and a small end table. We brought boca clips (towel clips) and used those frequently to hold down drying swimsuits and towels when we were enjoying the balcony. The bathroom has a fantastic shower with jet options and a double bowl sink. I knew that storage was minimal in the room and we used packing cubes on the shelves for undergarments and I also brought a hanging cube style organizer that folds flat for additional items. Dd used the cupboards by the fridge and we had plenty of room for our things. We made sure we always used the make up room light when we went to breakfast in the morning and again at dinner, and removed the random loyalty card we stuck in the slot when we did leave, this way it didn't look like we were "home" and our steward could do his thing. He figured out our schedule and the room was always kept up. Entourage: DD had been 13 all of two weeks, so I was nervous about entourage. I should not have been. We put the I-concierge app on 2 iPods and paid the $9.99 per device to be able to text between them. Our rules were: text on arrival, if you change venues, and when you are headed to the room and no going into other people's rooms. If we had an early port day the next day she had a 10:15 pm curfew (to allow time after the activity ended to get back to the room), sea days the next day she got an 11:15 pm curfew. This seemed to jive with most of the other kids. This was spring break week for us... and there were 1300 kids on board, 500 of those were teens. Needless to say after boarding and checking in, she didn't want to leave entourage. She had a pack of friends and they did some of the organized activities together, others they skipped and just hung out with each other. Food and drinks: We had the UBP and the 4 meal dining package. If I ordered a drink for me and a virgin drink for my daughter they did not charge me for my daughter's drink. You were allowed to buy two drinks at a time and there were occasions when we were in a group of people and taking turns "buying" for each other, it was very easy. I had intended to buy my daughter's drinks, but never was asked to pay for one. The District and the Sugarcane mojito bar were our faves. We ate at Le Bistro, Moderno, Cagney's and Teppanyaki for our specialty dinners. All were very good and dinner lasted between 90 minutes and 2 hours. I would eat at all of them again. We also ate at Food Republic one night... it was good, but I am picky, so I had a hard time with the menu... too foodie for me. Margaritaville we went to twice... once we got the volcano nachos and another time just chips, queso and salsa. Yum! We did Taste and Savor for a couple lunches and a couple dinners each. Enjoyed everything we got. Service was good, and we were nearly always done in an hour. Now we do not eat late, all our dinners were between 5:30 and 6 if we made reservations. The only time we ate later was after Nassau, we went to Taste around 7 and every time we were seated with no wait. Breakfasts were in the buffet. We always went all the way to the back where it was less crowded. Seating was tricky during "prime time", hubby was quick to remind us that if we got up earlier it wouldn't have been a problem. The gelato and bake shop place was another great place to spend our on board credit. The macarons were very good! Entertainment: We enjoyed Andrew Boyer in the District multiple evenings. He is very talented. Went once to Howl at the Moon for a couple hours, hubby got pulled on stage with a few others to perform YMCA... which was a hoot. Saw the levity comedy show one night, they were pretty funny. Otherwise we missed out on nearly everything... we were content to take walks and hang out on our balcony. Dd kicked some tush at Harry Potter trivia... which was very popular and very hard, but she got 3rd place... a couple of her entourage friends barely beat her. We did do the ropes course, it was closed the first couple days due to wind and rain, but when it opened it was worth waiting in line for. The top level was closed--apparently something needed to be fixed up there. But we didn't miss not being able to go higher. The water slides were also fun, the yellow one too slow, but the little kiddos liked it. Ship in general: We loved walking along the waterfront and did whenever we could. The elevators are tricky, you need to make sure you push the button for both banks... otherwise you only signal half the elevators. If you are sensitive to smoke, try and cross thru the atrium area of the ship on deck 8. The smoke from the casino seems to settle on 6, it was the only place we noticed it enough to be bothered by it. It was even stronger on 6 then the actual casino (which is on 7) it seemed. Therefore if you eat at Le Bistro ask to be seated inside, as their "patio" area can be very smoky. Join your roll call, go to the meet and greet, we met some great people! Also, if you have a complaint mention it while you are on board, they will do what they can to fix it right then. If you wait till after the cruise is over, complaints tend to grow to unreasonable sizes and then there is nothing to be done. Excursions: We did our own excursion in St Thomas to Coral World and Coki beach and had a great time. Did the Ultimate Adventure (rib boats) and Jost Van Dyke (the 7 am ship excursion), and learned so much about the area from the captain and were on Jost Van Dyke for an hour so early we had it nearly to ourselves. We also did Atlantis on our own and had a great day, wish it could have been a longer stay however. Overall, if I cruised the Escape again, I wouldn't really change a thing. We had a great time. It is a vacation after all... what is there to complain about really?

Fantastic Time on the Escape for Spring Break!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Kierste

Ages 13 to 15
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Mini-Suite with Large Balcony
Cabin M6 8130
Great room in a great location. Quiet hallway with rooms only on one side. Easy walk to everything on deck 8 including the waterfront.
Deck 8 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Atlantis Resort
    We booked a day room to get the passes. Awful check in lines, just to have to cross to Atlantis and stand in another long line for bracelets. Wasted too much time on an already short day. But, once we got our bracelets and got into the park it was great. We mostly did the "not so" lazy river, a few of the slides and briefly checked out the beach. All too soon it was time to leave. Wish it was a longer port day.
    View All 677 Atlantis Resort Reviews
  • Coral World Tour
    We did the shark encounter which included admission to the park. The encounter was great (you do not get to touch the sharks), we spent a lot of time in the water with them. The photos they took were great and the flash drive a great deal with all the pics included. We also walked to Coki beach and snorkeled for a bit. But it was crowded. All in all a great half day on St Thomas.
    View All 75 Coral World Tour Reviews
  • Tortola
    10 people max in RIB inflatables... very knowledgeable captain. Had a great beach break at Jost Van Dyke before it got busy (we went on the 7 am excursion). Circumnavigated the island. Was a great day!
    View All 12,961 Tortola Cruise Port Reviews