3. Crown Princess
I will start off by saying this was the most unfriendliest crew I have ever seen on any of my cruises. There was no cheerful hellos and it seemed as if the crew had been yelled at before we got on. I don't know what the problem was but I know our group was not the only ones to see this. Most everyone we talked to felt the same. Embarkation we waited in a long line that went into the parking lot. The did not open the doors early causing everyone to wait. Disembarkation went smoothly. There were three of us in an accessible balcony room. The room was nice except for where the third person had to sleep. It was way to high up and a wobbly ladder to get up there so my 68 year old friend opted to sleep on a mattress on the floor. When you opened the sliding door there was a high pitched screeching sound that was unbearable. So the first night we slept with the door closed until they repaired it the following day. Also the door has a metal piece that is made for a wheel chair to safely go over it. Well the piece would pop up when you stepped up it and two of us tripped over it. We called twice for it to be repaired but it continued to happen. I truly hope no one gets hurt as it was really dangerous. When we met our steward Jim we asked him if we all could have two bath towels. He at first told me no only 1 per person. I was really surprised as I have never been refused this before. So I called passenger services and we were able to have 2 bath towels apiece. He also was not that great in cleaning the room and would forget to empty our trash cans. We ordered the robes for the room. They were not in the room so I had to call for them. When they came they were still wet. We hung them outside to dry but then later in the evening our steward brought us some dry ones and took the wet ones. I called to make sure of the options we had for dinner since we did the anytime dining. I was told we could go to DaVinci and Michelangelo. So we went down to DaVinci and we were told we could not eat there until after 7:45. My friend has had 4 strokes and is her left arm is paralyzed and she has a brace on her left leg and walks very slowly with a cane. I was upset that we had to leave this restaurant and head to Michelangelo. This is the reason I called passenger service to make sure she did not have to walk far. At Michelangelo we were unable to get a table for 4 of us. Three of us were traveling together and we met a nice woman who was traveling alone so she joined us. Each time we had dinner we had to have a sharing table. I was disappointed that we could not have a table for just us. The one night I asked the Maitre d if he had a table by the window and he threw his arms up in the arms up in the air in a huff. I stepped back and said sir all you had to say was yes or no you did not have to get angry. Then the following night we went down for dinner and when he went to seat us the friend that we met followed me and apparently he did not think she was with me and he yelled at her to go back and wait. He was so very rude. This was upsetting. The food in the dining room was not the best. I have had better on my last two Princess cruises. They also took the strip steak off as a staple item on the menu and changed it to a hamburger. That surprised all of us. One of the worst things to happen to us was in Sabatini's. The casino comped me and my two friends a dinner there. The women we met joined us but had to pay the $29 dollar charge. We all ordered the lobster and the artichoke casserole. The casserole was good but the lobster was AWFUL. I will say it again....the lobster was AWFUL!! I so wish I had brought my camera. Our lobster tails were black on the bottom. Mine was the worst. They smelled very fishy and the taste was atrocious. We all sent them back. We did not ask for a refund as we were comped the meal but our friend asked for them to remove the charge from her bill. They said she should order something else. She said no, that this totally ruined her appetite. The waiter got the manager (at least I think that is who he was) and he refused to give her credit for this meal saying she had eaten the souffle. OMG I could not believe what I was hearing. The lobster was spoiled and they would not refund her the money. I felt so bad for her. And for us this was supposed to be a special treat and it certainly was memorable but not at all special. I found the gym to have only 2 recumbent bikes. Which with my back surgeries is the only type of equipment I can use. It made it difficult for me to get to use the bike as they were taken when I would go down. Also disappointing was that the gym opens at 7. Most ships the gym opens at 6. And if you call passenger services they will tell you the gym opened at 8. We did not get a lot of good info from passenger services. Then other thing I noticed on this ship was the lack of communication. We had a very rocky night and day on the last full sea day. Very little communication on that day as well as the other days. Oh and the first day when they gave us the temperature they only gave it in celsius not in farenheit leaving many of us clueless as to what the temp was. The ports we went to were Amber Cove which was very nice. And Grand Turk which was equally as nice. I would totally do those ports again but not on this ship. The ship needs to be refurbished, the bathroom smelled awful and the ship did not sparkle but looked rather dirty. I read on cruise critic that it is going to be dry docked and that is why it looks this way. Not sure of this but this is what I read. Also there was an elevator out causing long wait times to use the elevators. The thing that made me feel sad was this was my two friends first cruise. And I told them about how good the food was and how the crew is wonderful. Well they did not have a good experience and this really disappointed me. I hope Princess makes some necessary changes on this ship. And I hope the crew gets in a better mood for the next travelers.

By far this was the saddest crew I have ever seen

Crown Princess Cruise Review by CUontheC

CUontheC’s Full Rating Summary
Get Crown Princess price drops

Balcony
Cabin BB A302
The cabin was accessible and very large and enough room for all of our clothing. The bad part was the bathroom smelled terrible. Like old and musty cigarette smell. The sliding door had a terrible squealing noise which we had to get fixed. Also if you are in this room be very very careful walking in from the balcony. If you step on the metal piece it caused another piece of metal to pop up blocking the door and two of us tripped on it. We called to have it fixed and it was for a few hours and it started doing this again. We called again and the same thing happened. This is a big hazard so be careful.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins