3. Carnival Sensation
We just returned from the Aug 9-13th Sensation and overall had mixed reviews. This was my husband and my first cruise and we are in our 30's with no kids. Cabin- Spacious and kept very clean by the staff. The towel animals were great and the chocolates were a surprise. Our steward was great. I loved the size of the bathroom and the water pressure was excellent. The robes were a nice touch. The movies on t.v. were a good mixture. However, we were on the Riviera deck which was not to far from the water, and I did feel the boat move somewhat. However, it was not to bad. Room service- The sandwiches and desert were delicious.The delivery was pretty quick. Embarkation- Smooth process. However, there is a little known fact that you don't have to eat at the lido bar during the welcome buffet. They have full meals in the sea view restaurant at the back of the boat as well as sandwiches and pizza. Dining- This is where I have a very big problem with Carnival. When I booked the cruise over the phone with Carnival , they told me that I would have anytime dining because the 6pm and 8:15pm options were full. My husband and I were very excited about dong the anytime dining and preferred it. But when we checked in at port, we were given the 6pm option and told that changes can be made with the staff on the boat when we embarked. When we got on the boat, we were told that we could not change to the anytime dining option because it had been filled 3 months ago and we would have to keep the 6pm dining option. That made no sense and if that was the case, they could have mentioned it when we booked the ticket. So my husband and I ended up eating at the Sea view restaurant the whole time which was nice because we could eat outside. But I am dissapointed that Carnival guarantees one things, but does another. Having said all of that, the food was good and basically filling. Staff- The room staff was great. However the staff on the rest of the boat seemed stressed out and unhappy. Another cruiser commented on this on another board, but a lot of the staff seemed miserable. I totally understand that they are at sea for such a long time, but I heard Carnival has a rep for having happy staff. I felt bad for them. Beverages- The lemonade was great and the bar service made good drinks. We really didn't run up a huge tab because we only had the occasional drink and mostly drank Entertainment- There were plenty of activities to do on the ship but you could also relax and just read a book if you liked. We went to the R rated comedy show and loved it . The bingo was ok also. We did not try the spa though. Excursions- We took a tour of Freeport, Bahamas which brought us to a fruit market, a beach club and the downtown market. It was worth the $30 because there is nothing to do in the port. Nassau was different in that you could get off the boat and walk around down town with no problem. But we did the snorkeling tour and the Discover Atlantis tour. The snorkeling was great and Atlantis is beautiful. We also ate conch fritters and banana ice cream at the welcome shops at the pier. Highly recommend it! Kids- There were over 2000 people on board and 800 of them were kids. However, I really didn't seem them to much unless I went to the water park. Carnival does a great job of keeping them in camp most of the time. Disembarkation- Horrible, there was a mass of people even for the "early" bring your own bag disembarkation. They need to work on it. All in all , I thought this was one of the smaller boats and I wouldn't do it again. I will try a longer cruise on a larger ship.

Carnival..Alright

Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by kay726

• Sail Date: August 2009
  • Destination: Bahamas
Having said all of that, the food was good and basically filling.
kay726’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Carnival Sensation price drops

Cabin r183
Quiet and great space. The view from the window is nice. Bathroom is spacious and nice. Bed was comfortable
  Carnival Sensation Deck Plans