3. Celebrity Summit
My friends and I were so excited to book this cruise with ocean view staterooms next door to each other, four gals who love a great time and this music we grew up with. This was the first cruise for all four of us so we have nothing to compare it to, but I can tell you I will not likely be using Celebrity again. The boat was great, stateroom was cozy, but they didn't separate the beds so my friend used the pull out sofa the first night. The next day they said they didn't get the message to do it and apologized. The music was fabulous, but the scheduling of performances overlapped too much so we couldn't see some of the acts we wanted to. Top names were scheduled to perform at the same time in totally different areas on the boat. That should have been planned better. The food was great, but for the price of the trip, you would have expected to get at least one dinner where lobster was an option. But it wasn't unless you paid extra to go to one of the exclusive restaurants. Buying a beverage package was also necessary due to the fact they automatically add an 18% gratuity on each drink, so a margarita might cost $10. The $45 per day drink package had the gratuity added just once, so having just 5 or 6 drinks per day made it pay for itself, which was easy to do especially being at sea so long and staying up partying until the wee hours of the morning. As far as onboard experience at sea, it was excellent. There were bars and food readily available without waiting. And servers walking around to take orders and returned quickly with your drinks, even at the concerts. We saw amazing original artists: Peter Frampton, America, Ambrosia, Little River Band, The Orchestra (ELO originals), Orleans, and Christopher Cross, to name a few. Scheduling of shows made it impossible to see Firefall, Player, or Stephen Bishop, but the artists were wandering around the ship and were readily available for pictures and autographs before and after the shows. They had meet and greet sessions for many of them too. Christopher Cross was disappointing and many left during his show. But everyone else was great, including cover performers for The Bee Gees, Eagles, Cher, Stevie Nicks, and many others. The shore excursions in Cozumel and Key West were good. We did the river cave tour in Cozumel and the pub crawl in Key West. We didn't know we had to be packed and leave our luggage in the hallway before bed on the last night, so we were scrambling to do this at 1am which was very inconvenient. They didn't communicate this until that last night and we had to go to our dinner and show so we didn't have time, nor the inclination to do so as we would have wanted to change clothes and pack our evening attire after the show anyway. I had packed a travel iron in my checked bag which was confiscated and I was given a ticket to get it after we got back. So when I went to security to get it they said they had to bring it from the other pier and it would be about 10 minutes. Forty minutes later I asked again and they said it would be about 10 minutes. They should have known what dock we would be arriving at and bring everyone's confiscated items before we got there. I was frustrated and left without my stupid iron, it wasn't worth the hassle or the wait, but that was very disorganized and unacceptable. I wasn't the only one who had something confiscated, so they should have had those items waiting for us when we got off the ship. I will definitely go cruising again, but not with Celebrity. This was a unique experience because of the music, but not something I will do again.

Rock and Romance 2017- great concerts, but bad schedules

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Southern Globetrotter

Southern Globetrotter’s Full Rating Summary
Get Celebrity Summit price drops

Ocean View 6
Cabin 06 6011
Comfortable beds. Plenty of hangers. Only ONE OUTLET for charging phones or using a blow dryer and it was over by the window without good lighting for the mirror. No outlet in bathroom.
Deck 3 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins