3. Oosterdam
I have been cruising Holland America for many years and have watched the service and food go down hill to what I would say was second rate.On this last cruise I had no hot water for 12 out of the 14 days of the cruise. Others complained that their toilets would not flush for days . This was just the starter. The food was mainly institutional quality, cold and portions small. Service was limited to the crew reductions. The pools had slim on the walls becasue no one was checking the PH levels. The deck in on spot outside the Lido was bubbled up and waiting for someone to fall. There was next to no deck entertainment and the stage shows were one man. Out of 14 nights the Hal Dancers only preformed on night! I feel that the cruise director needs to learn his job. FUN!!! There was no Sail Way Parties, the music that was piped to the areas did not match the age group on board. They would provide a tour of the ship for $150. and the Culinary Arts Class you couldn't taste the food! Having been through the islands I took one overpriced 3 hour tour $59.00 to a place called Nelsons Shipyards in Antigua. We spent most of the time riding through the poverty stricken sections of Antigua and when we got to the Dockyards we spent 20 minute in what now was a high end marina. Saw a few buildings (you can't go into because they re now businesses and three capstans.. Other tours that people where offers were $39.00 to a free beach???? Not the best days for Holland America since the new management took over. Charge for everything..Hawk Hawk Hawk

NEED TO STEP UP THE SERVICE

Capt Bob’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Interior Stateroom
Cabin K 4171
No hot water but was always neat and clean
Observation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins