3. Carnival Triumph
I was able to relax on this cruise and I appreciated that very much. Getting on the ship was smooth and we did not have any problems at all. We got onboard and went up to eat at Guy's Burgers-those were FABULOUS! We frequented that place several times during the week. The dinner staff that we had were so sweet and went out of their way to make our meal special. If you go I hope you get Rangsi, Kittipong, and Nyoman. They made our dining experience so special. We were genuinely sad to say goodbye to them. There were several places to listen to music. I had a 16, 17, and two 19 year olds that traveled with our family. The club that was for 16 & 17 olds did not seem to have any activities planned. We didn't hear of any events happening there one time. That was disappointing. Additionally, other than music opportunities, if you ate at the late dinner service, there was really nothing planned for that age. We would like to have seen more events for all four of the kids that were with us. We love late dinner service at 8:15. A big bummer was that most of the shows were planned during this time so we were unable to attend them because we wanted to eat in the Paris with our wait staff. There was even bingo during that time so we weren't able to do that. The kids had problems finding and keeping chairs at the pools. They got up to get something, literally left their stuff on the chairs, came back 10 minutes later and someone had taken on of their chairs. It took them forever to find another set. We went to a comedy show one night. Other than that, after 9:00 it seemed like listening to music was the only option unless you wanted to watch a movie at the pool. There was a smell of sewage in one area of the hall on the 6th floor. One of our cabins (6433) flooded and that was a pain. The staff tried to be very helpful and that was appreciated. We got off the ship in Progresso and just walked around the shopping area at port, hung out at the bar, and then returned to the ship.

A few kinks in the road but overall enjoyed

Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by lmrlmr

lmrlmr’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 16+
Get Carnival Triumph price drops

Balcony
Cabin 8B 6343
I enjoyed the cabin very much. I felt for the money that we paid it was worth it. The balcony was fine. The door connecting the cabin beside us would not lock but stayed shut and the people in the cabin didn't come out that I know of.

My kids stayed in 6433 and their room flooded (so to speak). There was water that leaked all over the carpet and got their stuff on the floor wet. There were 4 people in this cabin so they put them in two different cabins temporarily. They were exhausted and it was late when this happened so it was brutal to have to move everything off the floor so they could come and try to deal with the problem.
I did notice in the hallway of the 6th floor there was a sewage smell when you walked by. The staff was very nice and we loved our wait staff in Paris dining room.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins