3. S.S. Maria Theresa
Service was top notch, ship is great but food was disappointing. Buffet style breakfast and lunch every day. When we told the maitre'd that we didnt like that style they brought us menus and did an excellent job of providing us with table service but the food just lacked something. Chef tried very had but we think he was handcuffed by the quality of the food and also by the dietary habits of our fellow passengers. This morning the sausage with our poached eggs was, in fact, pepperoni. Huh? At lunch one day there were burgers, inevitably, but they were precooked thin things heated up to order. Tours: A lot of walking tours from the boat. I can do that myself - ok, without the commentary but so what. I can find the history online if I'm really interested. The tours were low-budget. A 10 minute experience dragged out to an hour and a half. We enjoyed the cruise because of the boat and the staff, all of whom were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble including a curry chef cooked for us one night as we had stated that we liked curry. Entertainment: Average except for a jazz band brought in one night and a classical concert in Vienna Would we go again? Maybe.

Budapest to Passau

S.S. Maria Theresa Cruise Review by jcrowden

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Suite with Open-Air Balcony
Service was top notch, ship is great but food was disappointing.

This morning the sausage with our poached eggs was, in fact, pepperoni. Huh?

Would we go again? Maybe.
jcrowden’s Full Rating Summary
Get Uniworld S.S. Maria Theresa price drops

Suite with Open-Air Balcony
Cabin SUITE 403
You either love the interior design or hate it. We loved it.
Bathroom: heated floor, heated towel rail, twin sinks, big shower, TV in mirror.
Main cabin. TV in mirror, drop down TV over bed, (2) vertical electrical sliding windows and screens, small table at window, coffee table. lights in closets etc etc.
Bed: Very comfortable. Luxurious actually.
Storage: lots
Butler: Excellent. (how do you manage without a butler, I mean, really)
Hofburg Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins