Had a very nice time on Eurodam for 7 day Caribbean Itinerary March 25 to April 1. Embarkation: Flew from Toronto and got into FLL airport around 11:45, grabbed a taxi, was very easy to find one, be a bit careful though the ride was for some reason about 6 dollars more going there than coming back (around 26 dollars including tip). Embarkation was very easy, we basically walked right onto the ship and after dropping off our luggage in our cabin, we were off to the Lido for lunch around 1pm. Dining: This was the one true disappointment of the cruise compared to some of the others we took (been on a variety, including Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Princess, Oceania). There were a few good things. The Lido Market had great made to order salads with grilled tuna (my absolute favorite thing to have). The selection of the buffet was generally pretty average and I would say the baked and deep fried selections were overcooked and overdone and dry. The worst part was the service. From morning to evening, it was obvious that there were not enough staff to cover the Lido or the dining room. It was hard to get any drinks or even have tables cleaned and some of the staff seem to be at their stations simply cleaning up the dirty dishes and not enough attention to the customers. We had open dining which meant we had to either call in the morning or get on a wait list. Tables for 2 were never available before 8:30 sitting it seemed even if we called early. The formal dining nights were much worse, the second last evening we waited over an hour to get seating. There seemed to be only one waiter attending to us on multiple nights and they all seems overwhelmed and rushed even though the dishes were coming out very slowly. It basically took two hours to finish a 3 course meal. What that meant was that if you were planning on activities like shows you really have to make sure you plan ahead and may have to miss a lot of activities. This in addition to little things like taking a long time to get tea/coffee, no mention of if we wanted pepper from the pepper mill (we had to do it ourselves, first world problem), and seeing the waiters all run around looking frazzled, it came across as a very disorganized operation. The dishes were more fresh in the dining room as compared to the Lido but the time it took to finish a meal I'm not sure it was worth it. Good things to try in Lido (fresh salad at lunch, sushi bar). On the plus side definitely recommended are the Dive In Burger bar, best burgers I've ever had and New York Pizza, which also had the most amazing Panna Cotta Desert!! Nice alternatives if you don't see anything you like in the Lido. The Ship: Very nice understated ship, it was not one of those megaships which I actually appreciated. We had an oceanview cabin, which was very suitable for our needs as we booked an inside GTY and spent most of our time outside. The cabin attendants did not introduce themselves and we hardly saw them but they did do a decent job cleaning. Although fair warning, the toilets often seemed stinky (even before we got to use it!) and the smell never seemed to go away. The beds were comfortable, although they were on the narrow side (twins separated my guess). The temperature in the room seemed very hard to regulate at night. Either it was very cold or it was very hot, even though we put the thermostat in the middle setting. Entertainment: We only went to a few shows, they seemed run of the mill, although the lead singers seemed to be more talented vocally than some of the cruises we were on. We went to one culinary demonstration which was average. We spent the most time at Lincoln Center Stage, and although classical music is not for everyone, this part of the cruise was very special. What a talented group of highly trained musicians. I have to say in comparison to the larger stage show, the shows these musicians put on elevated the entire atmosphere of the cruise to the point that if there is one thing that would put me back on Holland America, it would be this. They obviously have to work so hard for so many shows and I hope Holland takes care of them, you don't want such talent to burn out! Casino was busy most evenings and the machines were very tight, but then we heard that the only way to win is to play the max on the slots, some of them went up to 8.88 per spin!! We went on the cheap side an lost a few bucks but its par for the course I guess. Go check out the Promenade wrap around teak deck it is great for quiet lounging away from the pool area and nice to walk around too! The pool area I found way too loud and hectic, even though the music was quiet but too many people were jostling about. Service: In general, the service was very average, we didn't drink much but the staff were not overly friendly and not inattentive. Fitness: Very nice sized gym with lots of cardio machines and equipment. I had to work out every morning at 6 or would have gained 20 pounds!! The staff there are friendly and there is this one very hot Serbian trainer guy who I saw later suntanning, like wow, made me feel worse about gaining 20 pounds haha (if eye candy matters to you LOL) Disembarkation: We had a flight back to Toronto at 12:35 and chose the 9:00 disembarkation. It was very smooth and luggage was very easy to find at the port. The lineups to customs weren't so bad but there was a long waiting line at the FLL airport. We made it in plenty of time but didn't have any seats in the boarding area so had to sit on the floor. So you may want to set an earlier time but we didn't want to rush off the boat with the first lot of people. Overall: Would definitely go again, although the dining service really needs fixing. It almost seems they want to have fewer people trying to do the same service and it shows.

Relaxing Cruise

sexyaznboy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Eurodam price drops

Large Ocean-View Stateroom
Cabin F 1006
Oceanview cabin aft, was a nice upgrade from GTY inside. Was a bit worried about the anchors and noise from the casino upstairs and the main stage but neither was a problem for us. A bit far to trek for dining but we didn't mind. We had an upsell offer for a verandah but decided against it and I don't think we missed it much, we were on deck for most of the day anyways if weren't in port. Nice big screen TV was a nice touch. Plenty of storage space. The stateroom attendants did a good job but were not overly friendly (and that was ok with us).
Upper Verandah Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins