3. Navigator of the Seas
This was a spring break trip with my family. This was our 5th cruise but 1st with RCL. We flew into Miami on the day the cruise was leaving since we booked the flights with Royal Caribbean. We arrived just fine and were put on a bus and taken to the ship, no problems. The ship is very pretty and looks pretty well maintained except for some of the artwork around the ship. The shadow boxes seem to feature different types and styles of fashion. Many of the objects were covered in at least an inch of dust, dresses displayed behind the glass were falling apart and again covered in a ton of dust. If its something that is falling apart - it should be removed and replaced. We were happy about the hand sanitized stations all over the ship. Nobody in our group got sick so that was a good thing. We stayed in an inside cabin for the first and last time. I wanted to experience it since I am a travel agent, I did not want to suggest a type of room unless I had stayed in one. The room was smaller than my bathroom, it really was - we measured it when we came home. How they expect 4 people to stay in that room is crazy. The bathroom was very tiny and it was hard to turn around in the shower, you could sit on the toilet and wash your hands at the sink at the same time. They don't change the sheets in your room ever- there was a small red mark on my side of the sheets and it was always there. The floor in our room was only cleaned once after we brought sand in on our shoes from Cozumel. Shopping on the ship was bad, everything was cheaply made but expensive. The shopping on other ships we have been on was wonderful, this was just bad. Johnny Rockets was the only place that had warm food and good service. When we ate at the Windjammer Cafe (buffet) the selection was not very good, there was no service, the food was cold and it was hard to a seat. In the main dining room it took a long time to get our food, it was always cold unless it was ice cream and that was usually pretty well melted. We all had the soda package but we had to go to the bar and they took everyone who needed mixed drinks first so we waited a long time. Most of the entertainment was boring, we love going to the shows on the other ships we have been on. This ship only offered one show an evening and all except one was so boring (unless you are 70 years old) The first show was a ballroom dancing show so we thought it would be like Dancing with the Stars type of show but, it started with the song Moon River ... and just got worse. I was jealous of the people who were able to walk out, we were stuck in the middle of a row so we could not sneak out. Then we saw the ice skating show - it was nice but the one skater kept falling down. They had a Bon Jovi tribute band on another night and since we love Bon Jovi we enjoyed that show. We missed the show on the last night so I can't comment about that one. Overall the service on the ship was not friendly. The staff was super serious and not cheerful or outgoing. We had to flag down to get any help. I use a motorized scooter and it seemed to annoy the staff. We have sailed on 4 other Carnival Cruises and they were always helpful, friendly, outgoing and just so much better in every way. The only Wow we had was the Wow why didn't we sail on Carnival again. We love to snorkel on our cruises and were really excited to take a tour in the Bahamas but we were not in port long enough to take the tour we were really wanted to take. We took a tour with the cruise line, it was ok. We were only in the water about an our and it only stopped in one place. In Cozumel - we have been there 5 times in the past so we did our own excursion and spent the day at a resort, we had a nice day. On Carnival they have a long pier but they allow rickshaw drivers to pick you up and take you to the shopping area, you just give them a tip but, they don't have any on RCL so it makes it hard if you can't walk far distances. I traveled with my husband, 13 year old daughter and 11 year old son. They did not like this cruise either. It would be great if you just wanted to get on a ship, lay out in the sun and go to bed early. We will never go on this ship again. I already booked another cruise on RCL for Christmas but, I am going to see if that ship has better reviews or I am going to cancel it and go on NCL or Carnival. Being a travel agent, I would not suggest this ship for anyone under 70 years old.

The ship didn't sink so it could have been worse.

Navigator of the Seas Cruise Review by Cindypp

Cindypp’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Navigator of the Seas price drops

Very very small, it was the size of my bathroom at home. When you try to put 4 people in a room that small, we got annoyed with having to shift around to find somewhere to sit. The storage spaces were good in the room. We were able to store away everything since we had to just to be able to work in this room. Our sheets were never changed and I know they only cleaned the floor one time. The fridge did not make our bottled water cold and the AC did not make the room cold. The phone did not work or just never got us to the extension we were trying to get to. We were given the wrong "daily schedule" and luggage tags for disembarkation day. The service desk was helpful and fixed those issues quickly.
  Navigator of the Seas Deck Plans

• Private Resort Day Pass
    We picked a hotel that was pretty far away from the port. The pool and beach area was very nice, snorkeling was good and the lunch buffet was extensive and had lots of good food.
    View All 182 Private Resort Day Pass Reviews
  • Snorkeling
    This was a three or four hour tour, we spent about an hour in the water and the amount was fish was ok. We have been on better snorkeling tours.
    View All 214 Snorkeling Reviews