3. Carnival Magic
We chose this ship because of the ports it visited. Amber Cove in the Dominican Republic was very pretty, shopping at all the ports are pretty much the same stuff with local destination printed on t shirts. Weather was perfect, warm but not too humid so walking around was pleasant. ST. Thomas is beautiful, a little farther to walk to get to the shopping. San Juan, Puerto Rico is a busy city, we walked along the sidewalk and shopped with the locals who made their own items and were very reasonably priced. We had a snack and margaritas at Senor Frogs, a little pricey but hey you are on vacation.Grand Turk is by far my favorite port, the color of the water is amazing, most beautiful ever ! All the beaches are public and free and so are the chairs and umbrellas. Very beautiful white sandy beach and the water was cool. The water is crystal clear, you don't need a snorkel to see the fish that come up. We had some drinks and lunch at Margaritaville which is fun and has it's own pool. Close walking distance to the ship. The ship itself is not huge but adequate. We chose cabin 9201 which is in the very front of the ship and is a limited view of the ocean but you pay inside price. There is a doorway and a bench in front of the window and very few people use it except maybe the other 4 rooms in the front. It was like having a balcony to ourselves. The room was a little larger than most with lots of storage space. I wished it had a sofa but only 1 small chair. Very quiet and our room steward was fantastic. We ate every night in the dining room, the food was good and so were the varieties offered. You can definitely tell that service has been cut back. Took longer than expected to get drinks and meals and we missed the first nights show. Speaking of shows, none were outstanding, 1 was awful and the others were just so so. The comedy club was fun and we did visit that every night. The Jacuzzi's everywhere were only luke warm so I only put my feet in for a massage. Typical sea day not enough chairs around the main pool or serenity area. Although they say they don't save seats that is exactly what happens. I was hoping to use the casino but being a non smoker you choked when you walked through so I did not make my usual deposit there. Too bad I did miss playing black jack. It would be nice if there were non smoking casinos. My husband loved the pizza, nice flavor and always fresh because they couldn't keep up with the demand, sometimes the lines were quite long. Guys burger place was ok, a little greasy. The Lido buffet was just ok, nothing outstanding. Main dining room meals were very good. We did not use room service. We purchased a soda package and in the past you were given a cup with a lid and got your own but this time you had to buy the cup extra if you wanted one and you had to get your drinks from a bar or waiter. I would not purchase this again. You can bring your own on board. Our only complaint was getting into the drop off and parking area. Police were directing traffic and once in line it took a good hour to get to the drop off point. One of the porters told us to write to carnival because they don't know what they are doing and hired the sheriffs to control the traffic flow and both are not communicating with each other which was blatantly obvious. A true traffic nightmare ! It used to be so easy to get into Port Canaveral but not anymore. I think I will use Tampa as my cruise deportation point from now on to avoid that mess. Enough complaints, the ship was clean and nice, the staff worked their butts off to make a nice cruise for everyone. The Ports we visited were beautiful. Unfortunately we weren't able to do any excursions as my husband is handicapped but we did walk around and shop a bit. Listening to the other cruisers everyone seemed to love the excursions.

Overall very nice cruise

Carnival Magic Cruise Review by Badbird

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)

Badbird’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Magic price drops

Interior with Picture Window (obstructed views)
Cabin 4J 9201
Nice large cabin, very quiet. Lots of storage and closet space. I would have liked to have a small sofa instead of just a chair. Nice view from window and walking outside in front of the cabin was like having your own balcony. Room steward was fantastic ! I would choose this type of room again.
Lido Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins