3. Grandeur of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas used to be my favorite ship. Our cruise started out bad, the balcony stateroom was very dirty! I waited until the 2nd day to see if it would be cleaned but no. The toilet, around where the seat screws to the toilet, was black with dust. So I thought ok, I have Clorox wipes, I can do that myself. As I started to clean, I picked up the seat, OMG it was a mess! I could see the sides of the toilet were also black with dust, but the bottom was brown, brown! Brown from you know what! This really grossed me out but I was on a mission now. So I also cleaned the floor under the toilet which was also brown! OMG, OMG, what a mess. The carpet never was cleaned, the same dirt was still there after we left that was there when we came! Mirrors were cleaned with a dirty cloth, so they were not really clean! Now, you tell me, what was I to do? My stuff was in that room, do I report this & have my toothbrush dipped in the toilet everyday by the cleaning person! So I cleaned & felt safer from retaliation the rest of the 7 days. The next problem was the pool, it was very cold. I did ask for the "heated pool" to be heated but I guess some guest said the pool heater was broken???. I don't know RC would not respond to this. The rest of the cruise was good, we met many nice people & had wonderful weather. Service was great in the Dinning room, much better than on Anthem. All in all we had a very nice time. I didn't leave a tip.

Used to be my favorite ship!

Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by Junebug1956

• Sail Date: March 2017
  • Destination: Bahamas
Junebug1956’s Full Rating Summary
Get Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas price drops

Terrible!
  Grandeur of the Seas Deck Plans

Our first stop was Charleston SC, we explored the city by ourselves in the morning and had an excursion to Boone Plantation in the afternoon. It was a very nice day, weather was perfect. This was my first plantation so I don't have anything to base it to. I liked all the information about the plantation, loved the tree lined drive.

2nd stop was Port Canaveral Fl. We went on a airboat ride which was great! Also went to a zoo sanctuary & saw many different animals, they also had a alligator feeding show & a show where you could hold a baby alligator & snakes. Very good information.

3rd stop was Freeport, that was ok. We took a bus to the shopping area, which is ok, but also walked to the public beach. Love walking on the beach but water was cold. Last time there I did the bicycle excursion, if I ever go back I would do a different excursion or not get off.

4 th stop was to go to CocoCay, we couldn't go because of high waves. That was ok, I don't really care about the beach anyway, water would have been too cold to get into anyway.

5th stop was Naussua, which we were there for 2 days because of not going to a CocoCay. 1st day we went on a water taxi to Atlantis, only wanted to go to the aquarium, but found out you have to get a day pass for the park. Didn't want to do anything but the aquarium so we went to the public beach instead & walked looking for seashells. Took the water taxi back, that was fun. Then did some shopping at the straw market. The people are nice, you just can not let them get to you, they are trying to make a living with too many selling the same stuff. Make sure you have more than just 20.00's when you are there, they never have change!

2nd day at Naussua we got up early & took a horse & buggy ride through town, enjoyed that, but if they ask you if you want the top up or down, have it down, you can see better. We walked to the Queens Staircase, saw it on tv, so it was nice seeing that & the fort. Then did a bit more shopping. both days were very nice.

Dinning room was very busy, seems like they have less waitstaff, they were running constantly. Food was good but we had about the same menu a few years ago, time to change it. We had a great table with 10 ever night, always find nice people on the Grandeur. I like the fact they still have linen table cloths & napkins & expect people to dress properly. Only problem was as we were trying to have a conversation, on the intercom, they were trying to sell the wine & whatever else they could, VERY RUDE! This went on & on & on, way too long.

So I give the Grandeur 3 stars for everything else, except the room & taking so long to heat the "heated pool".